COV available for pre-order.

From the usual places. Supposedly includes access to the beta test,
a two-day head start at release, an "exclusive in-game item" and all
the usual nonsense.

G.

"Gavin Scott" <gavin@allegro.com> wrote in message
| From the usual places. Supposedly includes access to the beta test,
| a two-day head start at release, an "exclusive in-game item" and all
| the usual nonsense.
|
| G.

* Beta Access to City of Villains™
* Two-day head-start – Play City of Villains before it ships to the
public!
* An exclusive In-game Item
* Limited Edition “Lord Recluse vs. Statesman™” poster
* 14 Day FREE TRIAL of City of Heroes® for you AND a friend
* CD-ROM includes videos, art, wallpapers, screenshots, Rogue Isles map,
City of Heroes® comic book, and more!

CLICKING EBGAMES LINK IN EMAIL...
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243478.asp
Order your copy of City of Villains PC and receive a bonus disc. Bonus disc
will ship the week of 8/15/05 via First Class mail at no extra charge.

Every great hero has a nemesis, an equally powerful and evil villain...

Developed by the brilliant minds at Cryptic Studios, City of Villains offers
yet another unique way to play online simultaneously with thousands of
others.

Players design their villain using a similar innovative character creation
system as in City of Heroes, with billions of different size, color and
styling options. Players then work their way up the ladder of a villain
organization in order to gain super powers. Once endowed with super
abilities, players enter Paragon City and begin their own reign of terror.
But here they'll face the constant threat of Paragon City's heroes and
authorities. In time, player villains can create their own organization and
erect a secret base. They'll always need to be on guard against the
continual vigilance of player heroes.

=====================

SO... does that mean they're aiming at a Sept. 1st, 2005 ship date for
the full "City of Villains"?

"Gavin Scott" <gavin@allegro.com> wrote in message
| From the usual places. Supposedly includes access to the beta test,
| a two-day head start at release, an "exclusive in-game item" and all
| the usual nonsense.
|
| G.

Ah... clicked a few more presale links...

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product_id=B645780A
* An exclusive In-game item-Helm of the Blood Widows

After bonus disc ships, you will not be able to cancel your order.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/509340_bonus.jpg

================

Checked the UK COH website... they've got pictorial info on the new
powersets for those folks who haven't set up their PC's to run the COH TEST
server.

http://uk.cityofheroes.com/news/issue5/362
In Issue #5: Forest of Dread, the long-awaited Archery Powers arrive for
your Blasters, Defenders, and Controllers. From snap shots to a rain of
arrows, the Archery set adds another weapon in your battle against villainy.
For Defenders and Controllers, there’s Trick Arrow to daze, entangle and
confuse your enemies.

In addition to Archery Powers, Issue 5 also brings Sonic Blast for Blasters
and Defenders and Sonic Resonance for Defenders and Controllers. Here you
use your voice to reach out and ‘touch’ your foes with damaging or - in the
case of Sonic Resonance - debilitating force.

Archery

Archery is a Ranged Blast set. It is shared by Blasters (Primary) and
Defenders (Secondary). Its inherent secondary effect is an Accuracy Bonus.

* Snap Shot – A quick attack that fires an arrow at your foe after only
minimal aiming. Fast, but little damage.
Damage: Minor, Recharge: Fast

* Aimed Shot – Though it takes longer to execute, your Aimed Shot deals
greater damage than the Snap Shot.
Damage: High, Recharge: Moderate

* Fistful of Arrows – You fire a fistful of arrows at foes in a cone in
front of you. Good at close range.
Damage: Moderate, Recharge: Moderate

* Flaming Arrow – You fire a Blazing Arrow at your foe, dealing some
Lethal damage and causing him to catch on fire and burn. Slightly less
accurate than other Archery attacks.
Damage: Superior, Recharge: Slow

* Aim – Greatly increases the Accuracy of your attacks for a few
seconds. Slightly increases damage.
Recharge: Long

* Exploding Arrow – You fire a grenade-tipped arrow at long range. This
explosion affects all within the blast radius, and can knock them back.
Damage: Moderate, Recharge: Slow

* Ranged Shot - A long range shot that blasts your foes. Like most
sniper attacks, this power has a bonus to Accuracy, but is best fired from a
distance as it can be interrupted.
Damage: Extreme, Recharge: Slow

* Stunning Shot – You fire a blunt, weighted arrow at your target’s
chest. The Stunning Shot has a good chance of stunning your foe.
Damage: Minor, Recharge: Slow

* Rain of Arrows – You unleash a Rain of Arrows on a targeted location,
damaging foes within a large area.
Damage: Extreme (DoT), Recharge: Long

Trick Arrow

Trick Arrow is a Buff/Debuff set for Defenders (Primary) and Controllers
(Secondary).

* Entangling Arrow – Upon impact, the Entangling Arrow releases a strong
net that can Immobilize most targets. This non-lethal device deals no damage
and does not prevent targets from attacking. The Entangling Arrow can bring
down flying entities and halts jumping.
Recharge: Fast

* Flash Arrow – This arrow explodes in a dazzling flash of light and
sound. The targets are so blinded that they can hardly see a thing. Most
villains will not be able to see past normal melee range, although some may
have better perception. If the villains are attacked, they will be alerted
to your presence, but will suffer a penalty to Accuracy.
Recharge: Slow

* Glue Arrow – This arrow carries a cartridge of intensely sticky glue,
which explodes on impact. The glue Slows the movement and attack rates of
any foes in the area.
Recharge: Slow

* Ice Arrow – This arrow can freeze a single foe in a block of ice. The
target is frozen solid, helpless, and can be attacked. More powerful foes
may not be Held, but all affected targets will be Slowed.
Recharge: Moderate

* Poison Gas Arrow – This arrow carries a capsule of poisonous gas,
which explodes on impact and weakens all foes in its vicinity. Affected foes
damage potential will be severely reduced as they take toxic damage over
time. Some foes will be react badly to the poison and choke for a time.
Recharge: Slow

* Acid Arrow – This arrow explodes in a shower of acid on impact. This
acid eats through armor, causing damage over time. It reduces the target’s
Defense as well as his Damage Resistance.
Damage: Minor, Recharge: Slow

* Disruption Arrow – This arrow plants a sonic resonator at a target
location. The vibrations of the resonator weaken the Damage Resistance of
all nearby foes.

* Oil Slick Arrow – On impact, this arrow creates an oil slick that
Slows foes in the area and many cause them to slip and fall. The oil slick
is very flammable and may burst into flames if fire is used near it.

* EM Pulse Arrow – This arrow can unleash a massive pulse of
electromagnetic energy on impact. This EMP can affect machines, and is even
powerful enough to affect synaptic brain patterns. It will incapacitate all
foes in its radius. Additionally, most machines and robots will take
moderate high damage. However, this power uses a lot of Endurance and leaves
you unable to recover Endurance for a while.
Recharge: Very Long

Sonic Blast

Sonic Blast is a Ranged Blast set. It is shared by Blasters (Primary) and
Defenders (Secondary). Its inherent secondary effect is to debuff a target’s
Damage Resistance. Sonic powers are mostly vocal, and most come from the
mouth.

* Shriek – You let forth a quick Shriek, damaging your target and
weakening his Damage Resistance.

* Scream – Your Scream can cause serious damage to a target, while
weakening his resistance to further damage.
Damage: Moderate(DoT), Recharge: Slow

* Howl – A short range, but powerful sonic attack.
Damage: High, Recharge: Slow

* Shockwave – You can call forth a tremendous Shockwave that can knock
down foes and deal some Smashing damage in a wide cone area.
Damage: Minor, Recharge: Moderate

* Shout – You blast your foe with a tremendous Shout, damaging him and
reducing his Damage Resistance.
Damage: High, Recharge: Moderate

* Amplify – Greatly increases the Accuracy of your attacks for a few
seconds. Slightly increases damage.
Recharge: Long

* Sirens Song – You send forth a subsonic pulse which causes your foes
to fall unconscious and take some damage.
Damage: Minor, Recharge: Long

* Screech – By bursting forth with this hypersonic Screech, you can
disorient a target.
Damage: Minor, Recharge: Slow

* Dreadful Wail – Your Dreadful Wail is so strong that most foes will be
defeated by being subjected to it. Dreadful Wail deals massive damage to all
nearby foes, although the damage does vary. Activating this power leaves you
drained of Endurance, and unable to recover Endurance for a while.
Damage: Extreme, Recharge: Very Long

Sonic Resonance

Sonic Resonance is a Buff/Debuff set. It is shared by Defenders (Primary)
and Controllers (Secondary).

* Sonic Siphon – By setting up a constant vibration within the body of
your foe, you weaken his Damage Resistance. Affected targets will take more
damage from successful attacks.
Recharge: Slow

* Sonic Barrier – This shield dramatically reduces the damage an ally
takes from Smashing, Lethal, and Toxic attacks for a limited time. Multiple
shields from the same hero cannot be stacked; however, the Sonic Barrier can
be improved when another hero uses the same power. Can also be used in
conjunction with your Sonic Haven. You cannot use this power on yourself.
Recharge: Very Fast

* Sonic Haven – This shield dramatically reduces the damage an ally
takes from Fire, Cold, Energy, and Negative Energy attacks for a limited
time. Multiple shields from the same hero cannot be stacked; however, the
Sonic Haven can be improved when another hero uses the same power. Can also
be used in conjunction with your Sonic Barrier. You cannot use this power on
yourself.
Recharge: Very Fast

* Sonic Cage – Encases the target in an impenetrable field of sonic
waves. The target cannot attack or be attacked.
Recharge: Moderate

* Disruption Field – You set up a constant wave of sonic energy around
an ally, weakening the Damage Resistance of all nearby foes.
Recharge: Moderate

* Clarity – By bouncing a carefully pitched sound wave off an ally’s ear
drum, you can free him from any Disorient, Hold, Sleep, Confusion,
Terrorize, or Immobilize effects, and leave him resistant to such effects
for a good while. Protection will improve with multiple applications and as
you advance in level. Clarity also provides your ally enhanced perception.
Recharge: Fast

* Sonic Repulsion –You create a powerful sonic resonance around an ally,
repelling all foes nearby. You will lose Endurance for each target repelled.
Recharge: Moderate

* Sonic Dispersion –You create a large field of sonic waves, protecting
all allies inside. The Sonic Dispersion gives all allies within increased
Resistance against all damage except Psionic. The Sonic Bubble also protects
allies from Immobilization, Disorient, and Hold effects.
Recharge: Slow

* Liquefy – You unleash a barrage of sonic waves on the Earth itself,
generating a powerful, localized earthquake. Most foes that pass through the
location will fall down. The violent shaking also reduces their Accuracy and
Defense.
Recharge: Slow

gavin@allegro.com (Gavin Scott) wrote:
> ...an "exclusive in-game item"...

I understand it's a booming "BWAH-HA-HAAAAAA!" emote. :p

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M

TRENDING THREADS