XVar

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Does anyone have any experience running this board with a Q9450? Just bought them and didn't check if it was officially supported (it isn't). When I turn it on it just beeps once and there's no video output. I'm going to borrow a cpu from a friend tomorrow so I can update the bios to the latest revision which apparently supports the Q9xxx processors, although not officially.

X5-769

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
When i assembled my system (see signature) my MB didn't support the Q9450 as well but i was able to get a video output and flash the bios with the ez2flash utility trough the bios. i don't think the problem of no video output is the fault of the CPU.

XVar

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
It turns out I'm just an idiot, and didn't notice the little cap on the 8 pin mobo power connector restricting it to a 4 pin connector. Removed it, connected the 8 pin connector and wahay, POST :D

oak2207

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
I have this combo and I'm experiencing constant lockups. With Vista it wasn't even usable, couldn't even load drivers on. In XP, it runs for abount 18 hours it seems (well, I built it 18 hrs ago and it just locked up on me again). I have GSKILL RAM (2x 2GB sticks). I also read that it wasn't officially supported, only after I bought everything. Even the lastest revision of the BIOS doesn't officially list it, only up to the Q6700.

Has it locked up on you or anything XVar?

XVar

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
I haven't had any problems yet, apart from it running a bit hot (50C idle) but I think that's due to my overzealous application of thermal paste, i'll be reapplying that on the weekend. Vista installed smoothly, I've run 3DMark 06 and superpi neither of which caused any instability, and left it downloading torrents for about 12 hours. I'm using 4GB of OCZ ram at 5-4-4-15.

Have you updated the BIOS to the latest revision (1404)? All you do is put the .bin file from the Asus website on a USB stick, go into the BIOS and select the BIOS flash tool.

slimpig

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
ok yesterday i went out and bought the Q9450, and i am having the same problem as the guy with the first post (i also have p5n32-E). however, i checked and i do have the cap removed and the correct plug in. i do get the bios screen every other tme, but it is like its frozen. i cant get to set up or boot menu. what is my issue, bios?

TRENDING THREADS