Tuniq Tower 120 question

sebastian869

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Hi,

Does anyone here know of a way to adapt the Tuniq Tower 120 to a asus p6t mobo or any other LGA 1366 mobos?
Would be very greatful for any help as Id hate to waste the money ive already spent on this cooler and its pretty good so id be a huge waste to have to run out and get a replacement, specially since it only needs new clamps.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Have you considered making your own hold down bracket, I had to do that with my Tuniq Tower with the new AM2+ socket, the bracket I made secures to the existing M/B heatsink mount screw locations.

IMO what I made is better than what Tuniq released period, and it works just fine, and the good thing about the Tuniq base is its large enough for the 1366 heatspreader.

Or possibly Tuniq has released a 1366 bracket kit you could order direct from them, have you checked into that?

sebastian869

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009

To the last part of you're post yes. Unfortunately they are in Tiwan. I wrote them 2 times and I never got a return message so I wrote to each of their deparments and same luck. I have yet to get my 920 but I bet you're right. More over, I looked at current heat sinks for the 1366 and they look alike. It really pisses me off that I spent like 50 bucks+ and simply can reuse the same component cuz of something as stupid as brackets. I got a feeling you are more gifted then me when it comes to manufacturing stuff.

pyroholtz

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
I've included a link to the bracket I was considering before making the decision to go with the Bloodrage motherboard (which includes 775 mounting holes :D ).

http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-lga1366-watercool-clip.html?utm_content=thermaltake-lga1366-watercool-clip&utm_campaign=FROOG&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping

I'm curious what others are getting for cooling performance from the Tuniq Tower w/ an i7. I'm finding that when heavily OCed (to about 3.7 w/ 1.35 vcore) the core's get VERY warm....80C warm :eek: . Thats with very good case cooling and the 120mm fan, maxed out.