Ram Timings and Freq mismatch

crillegs

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Hi Guys n' Girls

I posted here earlier on about a problem I had when gaming where my computer would freeze. Untill now I haven't found a solution, or..... I noticed in lavalys that my 2 RAM-modules had different timings (they are the same). This is what Lavalys Everest showed:

Memory Speed DDR3-1066 (533 MHz)

Memory Timings:
@ 533 MHz 7-7-7-20 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 27-59-4-8-4-4 (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP) (1st module)
@ 457 MHz 6-6-6-18 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) / 24-51-4-7-4-4 (RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP) (2nd module)

First of all I doubt that my RAM-timings should be different. Furthermore I checked with Corsair's official information which said the following about my Ram-modules (which btw. is model TW3X4G1333C9DHX):

- "This memory has been verified to operate at 1333MHz at the low latencies of 9-9-9-24"

So this quite mismatches with my BIOS settings. So should I change my timings to what Corsair said, and change the freq to 1333 Mhz?

And btw, what does "27-59-4-8-4-4" means? And what should this be?

My Motherboard is a Asus Striker II Extreme 790i SLi if that should be of any interest.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Christian

LoBi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
those timings that lavalys is reporting are the actual 'safe' timings that that ram is produced to run at by a factory AKA SPD. However It is possible to run this ram at a higher speed with the 'low latencies' of 9 9 9 24 effectivly raising it from 1035 mhz to 1333 mhz which enables corsair {a budget ram reseller} to charge you the price for actual 1333 mhz ram without getting in trouble by consumer affairs because as no one at consumer affairs understands the tech and this practice is rampant thruout the industry they take the companys word that this practice is quite OK hence no "this ram must be overclocked to achieve listed performance" sticker is required, so is that the answer you wanted that "you were ripped off and every one thinks that is quite OK"?