Moving RAID 0 to a new mobo

My current configuration:
ABIT IN9 32xMAX
[SATA spec: Nvidia nForce 590 Sli MCP : 6 x SATA 3Gb/s supports Nvidia Mediashield with SATA RAID 0,1,0+1,5, JBOD.]
[eSATA spec: Silicon Image Sil1312 : supports 2 eSATA ports]

SATA 3Gb/s HDDs
1x 320GB HDD [Windows XP Pro SP2]
2x750GB HDDs in RAID 0 [Job folder Data]

Problems:
95% time the OS does not boot fully.
5% time it hangs/blue screens either immediatley on windows startup or after a short period of time [10 to 20 mins].
The HDD is listed in BIOS scan only after clearing CMOS.

Tried the following:
Booting the 320GB HDD on it's own.
The datd can be read by connecting the 320GB HDD to other computers using USB-SATA cable.
A different mobo and the OS on the 320GB HDD boots up fine.

{NB I have not tried to access the RAID 0 during any of the fault finding.}

All of the above leads me to believe that the motherboard is defunct.

Now my problem is to try and find a replacement motherboard for this now obsolete model.

How do I go about moving RAID 0 from one motherboard to another?

PS I now know that RAID 0 is not the best configuration to keep important data on - and will endeavour to transfer it onto separate HDDs asap.

Many thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about moving raid mobo
  1. There is no way to transfer RAID from one chipset to another one. Only if you had the same exact motherboard could you do it. I suggest backing up your data (even if you have to get a 2TB backup drive) and starting over with the new board, keep your current setup, or get an identical board to replace it.
  2. Thanks for the advice. It's just nice to have someone there in a crisis to say what one is doing is the right thing. I have found a replacement mobo same make and model. Hopefully setting up the RAID 0 on the new ABIT IN9 mobo will be nice and smooth - it arrives tomorrow.
    Cheers
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Hard Drives SATA Storage