max resolution of hidef widescreen crt TVs? xvga input?

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 1, 2005 4:11:32 PM

I am considering getting a hidef widescreen crt TV to plug my pc into
for gaming. Do they come with xVGA input, and if so what is the max
resolution they support? Do any go upto 1280x1024? Can anyone recommend
any good models? Thanks
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 4:32:41 AM

On 1 Sep 2005, Mad Scientist Jr <usenet_daughter@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am considering getting a hidef widescreen crt TV to plug my pc into
> for gaming. Do they come with xVGA input, and if so what is the max
> resolution they support? Do any go upto 1280x1024? Can anyone recommend
> any good models? Thanks

Check the on-line manual for any set you are considering to see "if" it
supports PC video modes and which ones. My realtively inexpensive 27"
widescreen LCD HDTV is natively 1280x720, but supports PC video modes up
to 1280x1024 (VGA or DVI). I have not tried that mode, since I already
have a 1280x1024 LCD monitor/TV for my desktop. But the 27" LCD worked
fine with 1024x768 VGA from my laptop.

May HDTV's do not support PC modes (especially CRT's), but may work with
video card driver that supports HDTV modes.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:32:53 PM

"Mad Scientist Jr" <usenet_daughter@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am considering getting a hidef widescreen crt TV to plug my pc into
> for gaming. Do they come with xVGA input, and if so what is the max
> resolution they support? Do any go upto 1280x1024? Can anyone recommend
> any good models? Thanks

Your chances of supporting higher computer resolutions would be much better
with a 1080p model. Not to mention that HD-DVDs will support 1080p as well
from what I have read.
!