Sign in with
Your question

Need Motherboard Suggestion

Last response: in Motherboards
August 7, 2008 3:32:51 AM

I have a dell XPS 200 that im stripping the parts out of to build a custom pc. I have a certain case I am going to buy here http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite... But I need help picking out a motherboard that will fit it. The processor that I am using is a Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHZ and the ram I think is ethier 533 or 667. I would like the price to be between 1 to 100 but if the one you find is more that will be find.

More about : motherboard suggestion

August 7, 2008 3:59:43 AM

P5Q is a good mobo. What's the budget? I would consider upgrading the cpu. The Core 2 Duo or Quad line will be faster. What is the custom pc going to be for?
a b V Motherboard
August 7, 2008 4:32:32 AM

Check out the RC-690 and the NZXT Tempest at newegg. They are in the same price range as that Ultra Grid and have better cooling.

MB: GA-EP43-DS3L. It has PCI-E 2.0 and FSB 1600 and still under $100.

Edit: if you can afford the extra $35 for the P5Q (newegg prices) go for it, it's worth it IMO. It adds RAID, one more PCI slot, 2 more SATA ports, Firewire, eSATA.
August 7, 2008 4:53:17 AM

Remember to not reuse the dell power supply in your new system or it will destroy your mobo unless you get the dell to atx 12v form factor converter
!