Building my new gaming PC, came to a hard decision. 9600GT or 8800GT?
NCIX has them at the exact same now so price will not be taken into account for this. I know 8800GT does outperform the 9600GT but I have some questions before I make a purchase.
1. Is 8800GT more future proof because of its stream processors ect.
2. Will the release of new drivers make the 9600GT faster?
3. Which one consumes more power?
4. Is the 8800GT also a single slot solution?
5. Which one runs better in SLI?
If you know anything else about these two cards please let me know.
I think about buy one of these card to my computer. I buy few days ago power supply 480w little bit to mutch i Think , but one thing wondering me does my packard bell "istart 2311" will run geforce 9600gt or 8800gt. Back to the topic I think boath cards are the same if I have to choose I will choose 9600gt brand new on the market, dx10.1 and the price is almoust the same.