Sign in with
Your question

Alright, this has to be too good to be true.

Last response: in Memory
August 7, 2008 4:02:01 AM

What's the deal with this ram?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I know it's only 1gb sticks, but still that's very very cheap.

More about : alright good true

August 7, 2008 4:19:17 AM

Good memory...great price. Very little hassle with rebate if you mail it on time. Its even nice they email you when they process and when they mail the rebate. Have bought numerous sets of this memory.
Related resources
August 7, 2008 4:24:22 AM

mark $ said:
What's the deal with this ram?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I know it's only 1gb sticks, but still that's very very cheap.

It's true. This deal's been available for a few weeks now. I grabbed some a while ago. Great ram for great price. I already have 4x1gb OCZ Platinum from a deals before. Check out www.slickdeals.net They list these types of deals all the time.
a b } Memory
August 7, 2008 4:24:48 AM

Wow, excellent reviews at newegg.

I'm using some sort of OCZ DDR2-800 too, and it's just fine.

I think they're making it so cheap because lots of people want 2x2GB these days, and they need to get rid of the 1 GB sticks from inventory.
August 7, 2008 4:29:10 AM

lol@Aevm..I thought Newegg's shipment was "packed with peanuts" like snickers an' I ate 'em...now my tummy hurts :(  !
August 7, 2008 4:32:43 AM

I'm running 4 x 1gb of it. Their support is good and I had no hassles with my rebate on my second pair. I did however get one dead stick on my original purchase and when I set the pair in for RMA, they lost my box (I did have bad timing as they were redoing their warehouse or something), but after a few calls and one false sending me back my new memory I finally got it, and when they did send it out they sent it overnight.
August 7, 2008 4:33:28 AM

So nothing wrong with it, a bit higher voltage I guess but there's got to be something I mean it's like 9 bucks for a gig...
August 7, 2008 4:44:17 AM

I bought a pair a month ago. Still haven't gotten the rebate yet. They are tight on the rebate, so if you buy it, do it quick. Only 12days from date of purchase.

Works fine, even tested them at 900mhz 55515 stable, and 800mhz 44412 stable.
August 7, 2008 4:45:25 AM

mark $ said:
So nothing wrong with it, a bit higher voltage I guess but there's got to be something I mean it's like 9 bucks for a gig...

Actually 1.9-2.1V for ddr2-800 CL4 ram is very good (low).
!