Specs:

ASUS P5N-E SLI
Q6600 w/ factory heat sink and fan
2gb (2x Sticks) DDR2 - 533
8800GT Superclocked
Windows XP 64bit
IDE 80GB for OS and installed programs
SATA 250GB for storage

* Everything is running at factory specs.

CPU Temps: 34 - 40°C
GPU Temps: 45 - 50°C - Using Riva Tuner, fan is running at 60%

Problems:

1. Sometimes after playing a game in full screen for a long time. All the background of the icons and text on my desktop turn to a black box. But the font is white. I have updated all driver to the most recent. Any ideas?

2. I have USB plugs in front of my case and I've connected them correctly on the motherboard but when I plug something. It doesn't recognize it. On board USB connectors work though. Any ideas?

G

1 - whats your gpu underload? if it gets too hot... it can do stuff like that... most of the time it just crashes though... can't really help you there

2 - my guess is that the case connectors don't work... sometimes the wires form the case are pulled out by accident from the circuitry in the case... so try tracing the case wires from the plug... to the mobo... and see if anything is loose along that line...

any clarification let me know

MasterHernan

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
What's an "ok" temperature for my GPU?

Underload my GPU never goes above 55°C. As soon as it hits 55 to 60°C, Riva raises the fan to 80%. Once above 60°C, fan goes to 100% but I haven't notice my temperature to go about 55°C.