AMD!!!sort out your drivers!!!again!!!

xx12amanxx

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007

WAAAAAAAAA!!!!! wawawaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Cry fanboi cry!!!!

Dont buy the damn thing who cares but it still smoke your prized 9800gtx like a fat philly blunt!

NVidia always had good SLI. I must hand them that. When I got a second 6800GT way back, it actually nearly doubled performance.

That said, if the rumors are true about the 4870X2's new link...

jadeite

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2007
Drivers are why I pledged never to own another ATI product again. I had an ATI 9700 and it the drivers were a farce. Everytime a new game came out they broke, and driver updates in turn broke old games. They totally lost me with their pledge to give regular driver updates. WTF? I want good drivers one time. Do it right and stop shipping what is essentially beta garbage for customers to work out their bugs. If i was running the show I would fire all ATI driver developers and managers of that group and get a competent crew in place because apparently nothing has changed in the last 5 or 10 years. There is no reason ATI video drivers should not be as rock solid and stable as a hard disk driver that is just as good 5 years from when you install it. Being a device driver writer for many years I think I know a little about this.

I sat patiently for 6 months waiting for a nVidia driver for my gts, the longest Ive ever seen a non driver update from any company. It was terrible, I barely survived. Ill never buy a nVidia product again

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
I dont see what the big deal is.......?? VRZone even says that the driver issue which is under 3 AND 4 CARD SETUPS ONLY does not distract them from the cards great quality. Those setups are for hardcore enthusiast only, and that kind of person wouldnt and shouldnt be doing that with a midrange card anyways. The card runs perfectly fine, and AMAZINGLY under single and 2 card setup which is key.

Like Nvidia has no issues with SLi....all these years and the scailing is still horrible, and drivers only comming out twice a year.

Thats just it. Sure you can chase around the web, and find those mysterious beta drivers for your nVidia card, and of course, sine theyre not official, when they crap up on certain games, well theyre excused because? They arent official drivers lol. Now, dont know about you, but I find I dont like being the testers for any company more than I have to. Theres really no difference between the 2 companies and their drivers, or not much, so Im not buyin "its the drivers" crap.

Just_An_Engineer

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008

Not a fanboy... I guess that's why you author more anti-AMD/ATI threads than anyone else.

I dont believe in bashing, anybody can bash, its appreciating something else, maybe not your favorite brand that actually helps a enthusiast grow. By sticking with only 1 mindset, and brand, limits my abilities, and my fun

hannibal

Distinguished
Well actually it did look guite good! The scaling of two GPU was great. Not sure if I newer will use anything more... And most propably the scaling will become a little bit better as time past as usual. (They says the same in the article...

trackman2010

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

Every single thread you've made in the past week has been bashing ATI/AMD, and every single post you make shows it even more. When someone calls you out on being a fanboy, you start with the insults.

I'm sorry, but you ARE a fanboy.

In what thread was it again that you were arguing with marv (who happens to actually know what he's talking about) about the 4850 having a 512-bit bus?? That thread alone shows you for what you are.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
i think all of us should face the fact that if ANYONE had a setup of a card from either side. and the result is not as good as it SHOULD be. then that means the driver is not 100% perfect and still got flaws. but if everyone had no problem what so ever in any setup with the card then the driver is 100% working. perfect.

common sense isnt it?

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007

but everyone just see good reviews and no one has said any bad things about it. i simply pull out reviews shows the odd and post it here.

rather you digging out some mistake someone has made and bashing them WHY DONT YOU MAKE SOME USEFUL CONTRIBUTION INSTEAD. and i already appologised about that mistake anyway if you only saw the top and not the end of the thread.

just to let you know. i dont own either of their product so i dont qualify for fanboy for either side. next time back you "facts" up with evidence from other site like it did. you "more on". :lol: :lol: :lol:

trackman2010

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
I've had driver problems on both sides of the fence, so what's your point?
Neither Nvidia nor ATI have ever had perfect drivers in my experience, and they each have their flaws.

Stop nitpicking already.
If ATI have a driver problem with their cards, they'll fix it.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007

well isnt that what i said? or you just totally ignored it because im not speaking in a FANBOY'S SUIT? :pt1cable:

trackman2010

Distinguished
May 9, 2008

There you go with the insults again. Typical.
All the evidence anyone needs is right there in your posts.
Again, I'll direct you to many of the threads in which you were spewing crap. You should know them well enough.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
rather you go off topic and insult me because i said something you dont like. why dont you make comment about the topic instead. i think everyone here know me better then you do since you are new here i can see.:p

you are not gaining any credit by doing this just to let you know.HAHAHAHA