LCD Projection vrs LCD

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
September 2, 2005 5:15:38 AM

We have a good deal on a projection lcd tv, but a question. Regular
projection TV's require you to be right in front in order to get a good
picture view..

is it the same for LCD Projections? Or do you still get a crystal clear
digital picture even with the projection?

Thanks

More about : lcd projection vrs lcd

September 2, 2005 10:03:34 AM

Probably depends upon the manufacturer. Some of this stuff is good, some is
junk.

Shredder wrote:

> We have a good deal on a projection lcd tv, but a question. Regular
> projection TV's require you to be right in front in order to get a good
> picture view..
>
> is it the same for LCD Projections? Or do you still get a crystal clear
> digital picture even with the projection?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 12:54:26 PM

Shredder wrote:
> We have a good deal on a projection lcd tv, but a question. Regular
> projection TV's require you to be right in front in order to get a good
> picture view..
>
> is it the same for LCD Projections? Or do you still get a crystal clear
> digital picture even with the projection?
>
> Thanks

Nothing beats looking at the set in a store before buying. My Samsung
rear projection CRT looks good at side angles but picture dims with
viewer's up and down movement. That means it's not so hot looking at it
standing up, but that's not how we watch TV. I almost missed out on this
bargain last year at Sears because the picture in the store didn't look
that great as I stood in front of the set. Bending over I realized that
the picture would be fine when sitting. And of course the picture was
even better once the set was hooked up at home.

Bill
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 7:03:19 PM

"vs. LCD"

Our Sony KDF-60XS955 LCD RP allows for a good-looking picture from quite an
oblique angle -- more than with the CRT projector we had before. But you
can easily tell this in the store. If you are buying online, go to a store
and look at one. The manufacturers usually publish the viewing angles in
their manuals, if not in the specs, so that is something you might be able
to look up online by downloading the manual or viewing the specs at the
manufacturer website.

mack
austin

!