Sign in with
Your question

BSOD and System Restore Questions

January 1, 2013 3:11:58 AM

Hello,
For the past few months I have been having a problem where if my computer shuts down or restarts for any reason, my computer will not be able to connect to a network after I boot it back up. I have to do a system restore (doesn't matter what date) in order for it to work again. I was just wondering if there would be a reason why my computer wouldn't be able to get online unless I ran a system restore. Also, I think my computer has been overheating recently. I have read up on the internet and found out that I can disable "automatically restart upon system failure" function, but when I uncheck the box and click ok, it doesn't save the settings. I can click ok, go back in and it will be checked again. I do not want my computer to automatically restart after a system failure because I want to be able to read the error code to see if its overheating or if there is another problem involved. I have cleaned my computer's fans and my computer still keeps restarting on me.

So basically when my computer auto restarts (every couple of hours or so), I have to do a system restore so my computer will connect back to the internet. It is an annoyance and I would just like some opinions.

My 2 questions: How do I turn off auto restart after system failure and make it stay? Any reason why my computer can only connect to the internet after I do a system restore?

Thank you

Edit: The system restore really doesn't actually change anything, as I have not made any changes pre-restore. It's just the simple action of performing it that makes the network connect. I don't understand why this would happen. I am sure you guys will want some information about my computer and all other than that I run on vista, so ask me what you need and I will get it.
!