Do I overclock more?

Rain1406

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Core i7 920, P6T Deluxe 1600mhz OCZ RAM with a Noctua HSF

I'm 2 hours into the self check of a 3.9ghz overclock at the moment using orthos, and temperatures are between 45-55 degrees celcius. if it gets to the 6 hour mark and all is fine I'm wondering whether or not to overclock any further. Are temperatures the only limiting factor, with them being just over 50 on full load is it worth overclocking as far as they get to 60 degrees. obviously this all boils down to if it passes the 6 hour mark and if it CAN overclock further, I'm just wondering whether or not it's worth it, It'd be nice to see how far I can push it but is it likely to do any other damage to my system? other than increasing the temperatures is there anything else I should look out for?

Thanks

foolycooly

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008
wait wait...Rain you are saying that your temps are 44-55 under load? If that's the case then you have extremely LOW temperatures which would be optimal. Can you post your voltage stats?

Mam...just over 50 on full load is WAY low, not WAY high.

Ravenica

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
I'm with foolycooly man.. 40~50 range for 3.9ghz oc is Insane bro..! U must have a wonderful chip there.. Hope u could share with us your voltages during idle and load.. :)

What are you using to monitor your temps? I have been using OCCT for testing and watching temps. I downloaded Coretemp last night and found it shows 3-5C cooler.

In OCCT I idle at 55-58C and max at 85C with a custom test HT on and a large data set.