A odd problem any ideas ?

jeff1304

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
ok so i am running a wrt54g wireless router running a wired connection to a vista 64 bit machine a xp home edition and wireless to vista premium 32 bit and a new desktop xp professional. a couple days ago the person playing on the xp home edition machine was playing bf1942 and was experiencing many connection drop out and high pings no matter what the server he played on. at the same time the new xp professional was being used by somone else playing some freebie game they downloaded. so i asked him to get off and see what would happen, when he got off his game the person on the xp hoe edition lost all internet connection to everything and ended having to reset the router meanwhile all the other internet connections where fine. then he got on bf1942 and continued playing without a hitch. until the person on the xp started playing the same game again and started killing the bf1942 connection again with connection problems and high pings. any ideas what would cause this ?

Devastator_uk

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
Sounds like the free game is the cause. I don't know what game it is or how demanbding it is but I do know that in the past (when we had a 2Mbps line) when people went onto streaming sites like YouTube that'd cause the ping to increase massively.