Silke111

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I have just boutht intel DP43TF mobo and Intel q8200 cpu. The problem is... it seems that this mobo really haven't possibility to overclock cpu and rams in the BIOS. What could I do? May there is any overclock soft on the NET?

thing10101

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
I bought the same board due to a limited budget. I have been fooling around with it for nearly two weeks. It is IMPOSSIBLE to overclock with any software I can find at the moment. I have tried everything. The BIOS options are basically non-existent. Intel has it locked down like Fort Knox. Even software that supports the clock generator (SLG505****) and chipset have no effect.

I did, however, have success using a BSED pin mod on the processor and tweaking the RAM via SPDtool. I do not know about a q8200, but the BSEL mod on my dual-core was extremely easy to do. SPDtool was limited in its usefulness because as far as I can tell, DP43TF supports ONLY DDR666 and DDR800 and ONLY at specific timings. Pathetic.

I recall reading something about an "Extreme Tweaking Utility" (or something similar) that Intel was going to release and apparently the P43/P45 chipset motherboards were going to be able to make use of it. Unfortunately it was to be released at the discretion of the OEM. I guess the DP43TF was not so lucky....

Hope I helped. I feel your pain.

Silke111

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Well... I am going to sell this mobo. Whats are opinions about Asrock P45DE? It is budget mobo too, but it's specifications are really good. However, i can't find any reviews on this mobo...

mxassasin

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

You need to watch what you are paying for the DP43TF has no overclocking capabilities what so ever.

colloquor

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Intel boards are primarily very conservative business boards where absolute stability is paramount. If you're looking to overclock, the vast majority of the time you're looking at the wrong brand. Long-term reliability - yes, overclocking - no.