Rate my PC. Just Curious:P

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
Hey I'm just curious to hear what other people are think of my system. This would really help me decide on what needs to stay and what needs to go. I would like honest answers though! No matter how brutal!

Thank You

Out of 10:)

Specs:

--Thermal take Armor Full Tower--
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6
RAM: OCZ Gold XTC DDR2 Dual Channel (2 gig)
RAM: SLI OCZ RAM DDR2 Dual Channel (2 gig)
Fan: Zalaman 9700
Motherboard: Asus Striker II Formula
Hard Drive: 2x's 250 gig (RAID) + 250 Gig 3rd drive
Video Card: BFG 9800 GX2 (770,1125)
DVD Drives: 2x's LG Dual Layer Burners
P.S.U: Corsair HX1000w

--Operating Systems--
Windows Vista Ultimate Sp 1 64

Pictures:

DSC00076.jpg

3Dmark, Clocks and Temps:

benchm36.jpg

Thank You again!

You could have installed XP Home to run all that hardware and could post to ask important technical questions like, wtf...where's the rest of my 4gigs...wtf?! Congratulations on the badazz Vista 64 machine. :sol:

G

that system sucks its absolutely terrible.... my god why would you ever put such a piece of crap such as that together?

just messin its very nice, wish I could score that high in 3dmark... I only get 12100 with 8800 gts 640 core 2 duo e6420 and 2 gigs ram =(

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
just wondering why you not put the Q6600 with 8x450 and get 3.6Ghz because you can get true 900mhz memory bandwidth and higher overall system speed.your setup is capable of such speed.

I'll give it a 10, just because it's faster than mine and you didn't make any major mistakes.

Still, there are a few things you could have done better. OK, I'm just too picky because you asked.
1. 2x2GB RAM so you can upgrade to 8 without throwing out any 1GB chips.
2. Two different burners, so you get different areas of strength for each and maybe different software.
3. Other burners than LG because LG has rip-lock.
4. There are a few coolers I'd rather buy than the Zalman 9700, mostly because of price or noise. Still, the Zalman obviously does a great job for you, with 3.6GHz :)
5. You paid a fortune and still you only have 500GB total HDD space. OK, good for you if it's enough. I got 2.25 TB and I never have to buy videocassettes again.

I love your desk... :p

Edit: I mean, your desk has plenty of room for the mouse, I wish I had that. But, you don't have room for a second monitor, and I couldn't live with a single monitor ever again. Also, for that small monitor a 9800GX2 is overkill.

G

o btw... did you edit the pictures....

cause it says in the smaller 3dmark picture that you have 17963... just shy of 18000

and in the screen on top it says 18002...

=P

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
I give the system a 10 also but you have to fix that funky extension cord
arrangement below and to the right of your tower. I hope that isn't your power source....

halcyon

Splendid
It fun to see kids get so into their rigs that they want others opinions on them when they know they're fine. ...better than sell'n/smok'n dope.

Good job. Nice build.

geotech

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
He He, I built it awhile ago, AMD X2 3800+ @ 3.4GHz, 2GB Corsair and newish ATi 3850 OC.

I'm getting ready to sell off my Macbook for a grand to buy an ultra portable and spend $600 on 4Gb, Q6600, new PSU and Mobo.

I just posted it seeing the other Thermaltake Armor, best-case-ever.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
o btw... did you edit the pictures....

cause it says in the smaller 3dmark picture that you have 17963... just shy of 18000

and in the screen on top it says 18002...

=P

Thnx every1.

Yeah that was the previous 3Dmark score with a slight down clock of the GPU:). the 3dmark doesn't change unless I push close:)

Yes, the GX2 is overkill for now. I'm waiting on a 30 inch...by waiting I mean price drop:) LOL! I killed my wallet on the PSU upgrade:(

To answer your questions ina nutshell.

Yes my monitor is too small (2003)
Yes my wiring in and around my desk was a mess (the picture was taken before the GX2 was inside and before the new PSU.

Iluvgillgill what picture frame??

The beer I like, awesome answer:) Thank You for the 10s:) my wallet really appreciates it!!! :D

As for the 2 seperate drives, I wanted to keep it the same, but 2 different Burners would've actually been a better idea (damn you aevm:))

RAM I order 4 Dimms of OCZ Reapers 1066. 8 gigs total
Hard Drive, I'm going to wait untill the new Raptors go down in price so that I can buy the old ones even cheaper:)

as for my Q6600 OC, I did it all through FSB because I did it in a rush, didn't have time to look into it:)

The Zalman fan is horribly loud I kno, but it matches my case, noise in my room from the computer isn't noticeably because of the A/C

:D

P.S

I just noticed you see only 500 gigs, I have 750.

250 X's 2 WD and 1 250 Seagate:)

I assumed you're using RAID 1, so your two 250GB WD drives still offer only 250GB in total. Oh well, never mind that, your PC is VERY impressive and all it needs now is that 30" monitor. I'm hoping for one too, a 305T.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
my dad is pushing me to just buy a HD TV. But I want a Gaming monitor because of the smaller MS delay:)

I bought the new PSU, so that I can be ready for another GX2:D

Does your Dad realize that even the best HD TV only has 1920x1080? That's lousy compared to a 30" monitor at 2560x1600. I hope this argument helps you convince him. Also, with a HD TV at that resolution you generally get 40" or more, and then you have to sit far back because the pixels are big.