Gigabyte ga-ep45-ds3p problem

Hi......got this Gigabyte ga-ep45-ds3p (bios f6) core2 8400 corsair xms2 2x2gb today i've installed xp sp2 then with the Gig. cd all the motherb. drivers .was everything ok ;mean was on the net ,downloaded sp3 and other xp updates then i've installed the catalyst 8.7 , got sapphire 4850,and here started the problems. xp (now sp3)doesnt even start ,asked me if i wanted to load ,restore the last optimal configuration, nothing ...it doesnt even start in safe mode :All the times i see the xp picture loading and then i return on the bios another time?????.... dont know what to do is the 3 time i install xp but the first 2 times was with the f3 bios ,guessed that the new f6 had resolved the problem but here i am Stuck
2 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte ep45 ds3p problem
  1. no 1 but 44 read why?
  2. Hi mate!
    I have the same motherboard and there is probably a solution for you!
    I had similar problems when i first bought it. The system in default would ran fine, but if i tried overclocking even a few MHz it would crash completely!
    I am very glad to announce that they have since released a decent BIOS upgrade that fixed all those problems. I don't know why it took them over a month to fix it, and i certainly was not happy about it, but at least it is over now.

Head over to:

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=2841

Download the latest BIOS (F7, 22-8-2008) and install it

Then try installing Windows and everything again. This time it should let you play nice. Good luck and hope everything works out good like in my case!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte BIOS Windows XP Motherboards