P5N-D issue with G.Skill memory. Help !

jasongator

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
New poster, long time reader. I'm having some trouble regarding my setup and the Memory I have chose for it.

Built my comp 4 weeks ago-

E8400
Asus P5N-D
8800GT x 2
G.Skill DDR2 800 8GB
Vista 64

I have 100% zero stability problems with 2 GB installed. After that I totally lose stability whenever I start a game or Video.. and sometimes during windows start up. They are 2 GB sticks ... Im not sure what the problems is. This is my first computer built with SLI - After building my rig I saw the Nvidia list and the G.Skill memory is not listed, is this totally due to me using two gfx cards without using "SLI memory"

Or are they any other compatibility problems that Im not aware of?

Any help would be very apprciated -

Oh Snap

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
I have the same memory and I can assure you it doesn't have compatibility issues with SLI. Have you mem tested your RAM?

jasongator

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I have been playing around with the Ram Voltage but still not getting stable.

I might swap it out for another brand that Asus lists as compatable for the P5N-D.. Not sure what else the problem could be.

From what I've read - the NB on this board runs really warm - maybe that is playing a part.. Im just not sure if I should RMA the board or the Memory -

Any Suggestions?

Oh Snap - what mobo are you using?

jasongator

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
First, thanks for the responses guys -

I think I've got my memory good to go @ 1.46V

And you know how it goes, once something gets fixed - something else breaks.

I have the pleasure of owning a new Samsung Spinpoint HDD on the P5N-D, well it has issues - Ive found that if I disable NCQ for the HDD that it will remedy the problem Im having. Problem is I cant figure out how to Disable NCQ.

Any ideas, suggestions would be awesome -

Thanks-

jasongator

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
haha opps..

I meant that was my NB voltage -

RAM is 2.11 :D

I've narrowed my problem to the HDD and the NCQ - any ideas suggestions on that?

Not sure what else to do but Drop another HDD in and go from there -

Thanks again guys -