How good is the E2220 compared to AMD Athlons?

Just bought this thing waiting for it to be shipped.

Feel free to reply if my poll options are a little off or if you want to say something.

This might help kill some time waiting on the egg to ship :p
8 answers Last reply
More about good e2220 compared athlons
  1. Well.. stock speed its probably as good or better than the 5000+, once you consider an OC, not even close..
  2. If you plan to OC, It should out OC the Athlon x2 6400+
    If not, it should beat other X2 Clock for Clock by a small amount.

Here is a Review of an OC'd E2160 that beats the X6800 Extreme.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/pentium-e2160_14.html#sect0

The review shows the X2-6000 Can't match the CPU the E2160 beats.
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/athlon64-x2-6000_8.html#sect0
  3. Ok then so it's a definite upgrade from my Pentium D 3GHz?

I can't oc because I have an oem computer.

But it's good to have bragging rights if it's better than my friends X2 5000+ :kaola:
  4. e2220 @ 2.4GHz = X2 5400+ @ 2.8GHz (generally)

If he has a X2 5000+ at stock 2.6GHz you will be a tick faster at e2220 stock 2.4GHz (not really a whole lot to brag about, however, unless you like 'benchmark bragging')

If he has a black edition he is probably running around 3.2GHz and might return the smack :kaola:
  5. Wisecracker said:
    e2220 @ 2.4GHz = X2 5400+ @ 2.8GHz (generally)

If he has a X2 5000+ at stock 2.6GHz you will be a tick faster at e2220 stock 2.4GHz (not really a whole lot to brag about, however, unless you like 'benchmark bragging')

If he has a black edition he is probably running around 3.2GHz and might return the smack :kaola:

Nah he is a casual user with an OEM HP so no black edition but he brags to my other friend about his vista cpu score (5.2) and hopefully I can pass that and bring down the bragging smackdown.
  6. Definitely, especially with an overclock. From what I've heard, the E2xxx are overclocking monsters, and you should easily be able to up that quite a bit.
  7. Got this thing yesterday and am pleasantly surprised.

It edges out my friends X2 5000+ in the windows experience index (5.2 vs 5.3) :P

The stock heatsink does a good job of cooling but the pins put sooo much pressure on the back that it bends my mobo when installed. =(
    But then again I hear that's normal.

Overall happy customer and just to note this is my first time buying a cpu that didn't come preinstalled!
  8. protokiller said:
    Got this thing yesterday and am pleasantly surprised.

It edges out my friends X2 5000+ in the windows experience index (5.2 vs 5.3) :P

The stock heatsink does a good job of cooling but the pins put sooo much pressure on the back that it bends my mobo when installed. =(
    But then again I hear that's normal.

Overall happy customer and just to note this is my first time buying a cpu that didn't come preinstalled!

Congrats.

Let the smackdown begin!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD