Revelate

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Greetings Everyone. Just wondering, I have jsut set up a RAID Array 0 (Striped) and its bloody fantastic but what Id like to know is how the data is being spread across the disks. For example is it using one disk more than the other or is it 50/50. Im wondering if anyone may know of a little bit of software which can display that information to me on screen.

Cheers

Rev!!

;)

Revelate

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Yeh I know and understand how it works mate, what I wanted was some software that would display the information on where the data is located and how it is spread across the drives. That was what I asked for :)

Cheers

Hovaucf

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
He answered your question about "how is it spread across the drives" by stating that it writes a stripe across the disks equally so a 4MB file will be split into blocks and written with equal number of blocks on each drive.

You dont need a tool to tell you where the data is, as they're in blocks so they're equally spread across the number of drives you have, and afaik there is not a tool that will do this, not even a Hardware RAID storage manager.