Sign in with
Your question

8GB Kingston Data Traveler USB Flash Drive From Hong Kong?

Last response: in Storage
September 21, 2009 7:33:50 PM

Hi, I'm in need for a flash drive, I just had a question regarding somthing I saw on ebay, is it a "geniune" kingston flash drive? It states that it is and it comes in its original retail packaging.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8GB-USB-Kingston-Flash-Drive-Data...

Please don't suggest NewEgg or anything like that, I live in the U.K and 8GB flash drives cost more then £20. On here its only £10, and I'm short on money.

Can anyone verify if its a real or fake?

Regards.
September 22, 2009 6:35:24 AM

Anyone?
a b G Storage
September 22, 2009 6:42:55 AM

I would really suggest a more "credible" store like Misco. I'm not saying everything on eBay is a scam, but there's really no way to verify that the item it authentic.
Related resources
September 25, 2009 9:40:35 AM

r_manic said:
I would really suggest a more "credible" store like Misco. I'm not saying everything on eBay is a scam, but there's really no way to verify that the item it authentic.

Hmm, I see. Well I guess its no worries, Ebuyer sells the same one for £16, I'll guess I'll suck up to it and put in the extra few bucks.
November 25, 2009 3:09:30 AM

jo average wouldnt know if it was a genuine flash or not, firstly as long as it worked he would be happy, and not bother to check the claimed storage capacity, it would only be a long time after when he discovered that his flash was unable to save his data that he would realise he had been duped. i had this experience, just recently,paypal wouldnt honour my claim against the seller, cos the 45 days had expired.
November 25, 2009 4:29:36 AM

john0 said:
jo average wouldnt know if it was a genuine flash or not, firstly as long as it worked he would be happy, and not bother to check the claimed storage capacity, it would only be a long time after when he discovered that his flash was unable to save his data that he would realise he had been duped. i had this experience, just recently,paypal wouldnt honour my claim against the seller, cos the 45 days had expired.

That happened to me before, I bought a 2GB MP4 player and it turned ot that it could only hold 1.1GB when I tried to transfer a 1.4GB file.

Seen as this was branded etc etc, I thought it would be a good deal.
!