Hey guys! Finally building a new comp... I'm on a 500 USD budget and am using newegg for all the pricing and parts. I can't figure out how to hyperlink easily... but I'll post what I got so far.
Parts from old comp:
1. Several 120mm and 80mm fans.
2. Excellent liteon CD/DVD R combo drive.
1. Rosewill R604TBLK-N 120mm Fan ATX Mid Tower Computer Case+450W Power Supply - Retail
This part is an INSANELY good deal. I was a bit worried about a PSU and case combo, but the PSU seems to be getting solid reviews. I do not plan to OC my system and have no plans for SLI in the future. Should the 450W PS in this combo be able to handle my new rig? (64.99).
2. SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
I indulged a wee bit for this 500GB HD. If any of you know a dependable, 400-500GB, HD that costs a good deal less, please tell me (89.99).
1. Not at all. Saves you $90 on your build too.
2. No - The Freezer 64 Pro comes with a very good thermal compound pre-applied. The right amount - ready to go. Looks to be no problem with case or motherboard.
3. You didnt mention the size/resolution of your monitor to judge compatability with the GPU. All the rest of the parts should work great together.....
4. ..with the possible exception of the PSU. Rosewill PSU's come from many different OEMs. Some are good, some just OK and some arent so good.
There's no way I know of to make sure which you'll be getting. At least you have the NewEgg user reviews to go by.
It's sized right for your build to keep from having to get overstressed so you could make out OK.