Any OTA HD Antenna hides well?

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
September 3, 2005 3:33:35 PM

I am wondering if there is an effective HDTV OTA antenna that does not show
much on the roof? Are those antennas that attach to the satellite dish any
good at all?
Doesn't Trek make one that attaches to the dish? Any info appreciated.

More about : ota antenna hides

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 9:06:59 PM

"snow" <dlessard1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I am wondering if there is an effective HDTV OTA antenna that does not
show
> much on the roof? Are those antennas that attach to the satellite dish any
> good at all?
> Doesn't Trek make one that attaches to the dish? Any info appreciated.

Noise from the wheels would be annoying when it's windy.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 12:23:24 AM

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:33:35 GMT snow <dlessard1@verizon.net> wrote:

| I am wondering if there is an effective HDTV OTA antenna that does not show
| much on the roof? Are those antennas that attach to the satellite dish any
| good at all?
| Doesn't Trek make one that attaches to the dish? Any info appreciated.

Hiding from view = hiding from the signal.

Just get something that looks really cool. Of course what that will be is
a matter of personal taste. I'll probably end up getting half a dozen of
these:

http://www.channelmaster.com/images/4228.jpg

This is the best price I have found so far:

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?main_cat=03...

September 4, 2005 10:29:30 AM

Have you considered an antenna in your attic?

"snow" <dlessard1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I am wondering if there is an effective HDTV OTA antenna that does not show
> much on the roof? Are those antennas that attach to the satellite dish any
> good at all?
> Doesn't Trek make one that attaches to the dish? Any info appreciated.

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 8:53:41 AM

snow wrote:
> I am wondering if there is an effective HDTV OTA antenna that does not show
> much on the roof? Are those antennas that attach to the satellite dish any
> good at all?
> Doesn't Trek make one that attaches to the dish? Any info appreciated.

Your question is moot. There is no such thing as a HDTV antenna. The
same antenna works for SD and HDTV. It is only an antenna! You must
have fallen for some sales pitch a jerk kid at Best Buy that told you
that you needed a "HDTV" antenna.
Sam
September 5, 2005 7:26:46 PM

phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:33:35 GMT snow <dlessard1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> | I am wondering if there is an effective HDTV OTA antenna that does not show
> | much on the roof? Are those antennas that attach to the satellite dish any
> | good at all?
> | Doesn't Trek make one that attaches to the dish? Any info appreciated.
>
> Hiding from view = hiding from the signal.
>
> Just get something that looks really cool. Of course what that will be is
> a matter of personal taste. I'll probably end up getting half a dozen of
> these:
>
> http://www.channelmaster.com/images/4228.jpg
>
> This is the best price I have found so far:
>
> http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?main_cat=03...

FYI, the CM 4228 is an 8 bay bow tie antenna. It is concidered amoung
the best for UHF consumer use. It has good gain over the ch 14 thru 60+
range and good from to back ratio. Go for it.

regards
Jerry
!