Cooler Master: Comos RC-1010-KSN1-GP Black vs Stacker 830 NVIDIA Edt

lunky545

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
As an owner of a Cooler Master Stacker 830 SE (very similar to the one mentioned) I can say its a pretty solid case for the price. It comes with a converter bay with a fan that takes up 3 5.25 slots and converts them to 4 3.5" slots for HDDs. As for fans, 9 is a bit of a misnomer. That cage I mentioned came with 1 fan,and there is one additional exhaust fan in the back (120m). The side panel can house 4 120mm (there is a converter to support other sizes) and a final 120 can be mounted on the top of the case. Those two additional fans that they mention are only there if you buy and install 2 additional 4-3 converter bays. There is also a crossflow fan thats available should you need additional cooling. The fan bracket that can house 4 fans on the side panel might obstruct larger aftermarket heatsinks. The tooless design works great, though you need screwdriver to install hard drives. Motherboard tray makes install very easy. Tons of I/O connectivity in front paneland all around solid case. Oh and the door can be mounted to open either left or right. If you have any particular issues with the case perhaps i can shed some light. It's funny i was actually contemplating the Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 (it's in black now o_O!!) and the cooler master stacker 830 evo when i did my build 2 months ago. I know two people who have the cosmos who've been very happy with. Hope this helps .

-Jonathan

spiritfly

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I got the Stacker nVidia Edition, thanks to you man! It really is bigger wider and better! The design looks awesome! What I really like is because it only uses 120mm fans which cool better and don't make that much noise also!

Thanks for the opinions guys, now I'm out to play Age of Conan :) see ya!