Attempting to build, front connector problems. . .

FooteNasty

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Okay so I'm to the point of putting together my rig that I am connecting all the power cords. I've ran into a serious snag with the Front Panel Connectors. My motherboard is the DFI P965-S. After plugging the cords in I can find the slots to (by using the mobo manual) I am left with HD Audio/AC'97 cord with no apparent place to plug in, the available ports are J4 and J9 (but these are labeled as USB ports in the manual). There's also a 5 pin outlet, but it would be short. As you can tell I have no idea what I'm doing here or what I'm plugging things into.

Also I have a ZALMAN 9500A 92mm cooler for my Q6600. When I go to plug the cooler into my mobo, the "CPU FAN" plug is 4 pin, however my actual plug is only 3 pin. Do I just shove it on??? There is a "CASE FAN" plug available that is 3 pin. Should I just plug it into that?

I apologize if this is hard to read. Wording it the best I can. Thanks in advance. . .

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
the CPU fan will work just shoved on, or on the other header. you may have to make bios adjustments, it it'll beep warnings that ou fan is't spinning.

look in you manual for the audio headers of that board