Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows vista how do i stop windows from remembering my password

Last response: in Windows XP
October 6, 2010 11:00:38 PM

I got windows vista to remember my password when i went to a buying website.Then i decided it was not a good idea. So i changed my password,windows of course asked me if it wanted them to remember it and i clicked no.that worked fine,job done so i thought! next day i tryed to enter site windows remembered the old password so now i cannot log on to site because of invalid password.So how do i correct this.thanks for any helo you can give me. :bounce: 

Best solution

October 6, 2010 11:11:41 PM

Try opening Internet explorer/ Tools /Internet options /Browsing History /Delete. Check the box that says Delete passwords that windows remembers for web sites, then click delete.
October 6, 2010 11:14:03 PM

Open control panel, open user accounts, click on your account, select Manage my network passwords. Remove the selection for that website.
m
l
Related resources
October 6, 2010 11:54:07 PM

Best answer selected by computerdummy01.
m
l
October 7, 2010 12:07:26 AM

:bounce: 
mibix19 said:
Try opening Internet explorer/ Tools /Internet options /Browsing History /Delete. Check the box that says Delete passwords that windows remembers for web sites, then click delete.

:bounce:  :hello:  mibix19,Thanks that worked a treat ! I followed your instructions and i have tryed it out on the website and i got in with my new password! Thanks for the quick reply and solving my problem :bounce:  I don`t know your gender but i :love:  :love:  you anyway :pt1cable:  .......computerdummy01
m
l
October 7, 2010 9:34:10 PM

Hi Thanks for giving me best answer. Glad you were able to get it sorted out. Cheers
m
l
!