Solved

Windows vista how do i stop windows from remembering my password

I got windows vista to remember my password when i went to a buying website.Then i decided it was not a good idea. So i changed my password,windows of course asked me if it wanted them to remember it and i clicked no.that worked fine,job done so i thought! next day i tryed to enter site windows remembered the old password so now i cannot log on to site because of invalid password.So how do i correct this.thanks for any helo you can give me. :bounce:
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows vista stop windows remembering password
  1. Best answer
    Try opening Internet explorer/ Tools /Internet options /Browsing History /Delete. Check the box that says Delete passwords that windows remembers for web sites, then click delete.
  2. Open control panel, open user accounts, click on your account, select Manage my network passwords. Remove the selection for that website.
  3. Best answer selected by computerdummy01.
  4. :bounce:
    mibix19 said:
    Try opening Internet explorer/ Tools /Internet options /Browsing History /Delete. Check the box that says Delete passwords that windows remembers for web sites, then click delete.

:bounce: :hello: mibix19,Thanks that worked a treat ! I followed your instructions and i have tryed it out on the website and i got in with my new password! Thanks for the quick reply and solving my problem :bounce: I don`t know your gender but i :love: :love: you anyway :pt1cable: .......computerdummy01
  5. Hi Thanks for giving me best answer. Glad you were able to get it sorted out. Cheers
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Vista Windows XP