Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

MBoard Intel DG965SS compatible with Quad processor?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Processors
  • Compatibility
  • Intel
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
August 10, 2008 6:49:28 AM

Is the Motherboard Intel DG965SS compatible with Quad Core processors? I´ve read somewhere that sometimes it is possible with a Bios update. Does anybody know if this MBoard can handle it?
Thanks a lot.

More about : mboard intel dg965ss compatible quad processor

August 10, 2008 7:24:55 AM

Look it up on the manufacturers website. Dont be lazy.

Most likely it wont work.

If it does, no is the answer to will it overclock good.
August 10, 2008 8:10:30 AM

At best the Intel DG965SS is a mediocre board by today's standards.
The Intel DG965SS will use core 2 duo, but the last CPU micro code update for it's bios seems to have been last year.
Now the P965 NorthBridge with a bios update can handle the quad.
If you want to fully utilize the power of a quad I would spend another $120 and pick up a P35 motherboard.
I like the DFI BloodIron myself http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Related resources
August 10, 2008 4:36:54 PM

Thanks for the answers. Just to make it clear, i was not lazy, i checked Intel´s website and it doen´t say it supports the Quad. But i thought it could handle it. I have this motherboard with a Core 2 Duo, i was just thinking i could improve a little by changing to a Quad processor. But maybe it is not worth, maybe i will wait to get a Quad and a better MBoard later for a cheaper price. I´m not into overclock, so this is not a factor.
Thanks again for all the help, and i´ll be pleased to hear other thoughts.
Regards,
Daniel
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 16, 2010 6:01:15 PM

grevan said:
Thanks for the answers. Just to make it clear, i was not lazy, i checked Intel´s website and it doen´t say it supports the Quad. But i thought it could handle it. I have this motherboard with a Core 2 Duo, i was just thinking i could improve a little by changing to a Quad processor. But maybe it is not worth, maybe i will wait to get a Quad and a better MBoard later for a cheaper price. I´m not into overclock, so this is not a factor.
Thanks again for all the help, and i´ll be pleased to hear other thoughts.
Regards,
Daniel

I would like to know what core duo do you have, please