MBoard Intel DG965SS compatible with Quad processor?

Is the Motherboard Intel DG965SS compatible with Quad Core processors? I´ve read somewhere that sometimes it is possible with a Bios update. Does anybody know if this MBoard can handle it?
Thanks a lot.
4 answers Last reply
More about mboard intel dg965ss compatible quad processor
  1. Look it up on the manufacturers website. Dont be lazy.

Most likely it wont work.

If it does, no is the answer to will it overclock good.
  2. At best the Intel DG965SS is a mediocre board by today's standards.
    The Intel DG965SS will use core 2 duo, but the last CPU micro code update for it's bios seems to have been last year.
    Now the P965 NorthBridge with a bios update can handle the quad.
    If you want to fully utilize the power of a quad I would spend another $120 and pick up a P35 motherboard.
    I like the DFI BloodIron myself http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136038&Tpk=dfi%2bbloodiron
  3. Thanks for the answers. Just to make it clear, i was not lazy, i checked Intel´s website and it doen´t say it supports the Quad. But i thought it could handle it. I have this motherboard with a Core 2 Duo, i was just thinking i could improve a little by changing to a Quad processor. But maybe it is not worth, maybe i will wait to get a Quad and a better MBoard later for a cheaper price. I´m not into overclock, so this is not a factor.
    Thanks again for all the help, and i´ll be pleased to hear other thoughts.
    Regards,
    Daniel
  4. grevan said:
    Thanks for the answers. Just to make it clear, i was not lazy, i checked Intel´s website and it doen´t say it supports the Quad. But i thought it could handle it. I have this motherboard with a Core 2 Duo, i was just thinking i could improve a little by changing to a Quad processor. But maybe it is not worth, maybe i will wait to get a Quad and a better MBoard later for a cheaper price. I´m not into overclock, so this is not a factor.
    Thanks again for all the help, and i´ll be pleased to hear other thoughts.
    Regards,
    Daniel

I would like to know what core duo do you have, please
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Processors Compatibility Intel Product