ZootyGray

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Biased much? Slow to report? What's really happening in the background because - once upon a time in the world - evil tried to dominate - support the world you can live in peacefully. Why am I an AMD FANBOY...
lots of linx here:

http://www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=12415&red=y#321410

I wonder why thg is so slow to report stuff like this while they make comments about "sinking ships".

I prefer facts - not bias - report the facts - not opinions.

I support a world that allows me to be free to make my choices for me.

Don't tell me lies.

royalcrown

Distinguished
ZOOTYGRAY...you're prob right, but "probably" and "allegedly" is not the same as "proof" or factual"

On that note, if Intel is guilty, they should just settle up and pay AMD and those responsible should be ousted, even if it's the CEO and the board.

shoota

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Yeah i've noticed that Tom's is pretty much an nVidia fanboy site recently too. They hardly ever talk about future, promising products from ati and take forever to get proper reviews to us. Maybe i'm missing something but i like to get the best unbiased info possible, and i don't feel like TH is doing that.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
lol, so who is this guy upset with? Intel? Tomsguide? the world? lol...anyone know where he is goin with this? lmao

Best,

3Ball

He states he is a AMD Fanboy and yet he talks about giving only facts............

Kinda seems like thats not possible.

Anywho. They have yet to finalize anything and state that Intel is guily. What I love if they keep fining Intel but don't say what its for. And they keep getting more and more money while AMD just sets there and never gets a dime.

royalcrown

Distinguished
Shoota...I think it is any new reviews period, they are sucking here and Anand is scooping them whenever something comes up, not just AMD/ATI/NVIDIA/INTEL, but in general...seems like they don't really care about computer related tech as much anymore, plus it's just not like the good old days where neat crap happened weekly.

yomamafor1

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
From the source OP quoted

The E.U. Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes, who approved the fines against Microsoft, believes that Intel may be a "bigger threat to competition" than Microsoft, so such a fine is not unimaginable.

Enough said.

I think he's just upset about his investment into Quad FX

Aurora18

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
if they need to resort to fines how weak is the competition after all the consumer deserves the best at the lowest price and fines tend to raise prices

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Some govrnment officials are trying to protect their AMD investments, or so it would seem...
Fanboys, now they come wearing suits.

Intel may have done some crooked stuff (I believe they did, but don't have proof of it). However, AMD was BOOMING back when this was happening; AMD had a better product. If I remember correctly, AMD was capacity constrained back in the glory days, the Socket A and Socket 939 processors were flying off the shelves.

Intel may have hurt AMD, but I hope everyone realizes that most of AMD's current bad condition is due to AMD shooting itself in the foot with a crappy product launch.

I guess the good news is that ATI is kicking butts and taking names.

TRENDING THREADS