Eve Update II

I feel bad accepting things from people in the wake of the hurricane. I
have family sending money and it's greatly appreciated. But it goes
against the grain of my male sensibilities to accept handouts. But
being without employment, and the two jobs I had been courting, one in
N.O. proper and the other in Gulfport, MS, literally being washed
away... there is a time to swallow pride and gratefully accept the help
of others.

Generosity has poured in even to the Eve universe! Our own Adrian gave
me a nice chunk of ISK to assist in replacing a ship I lost trying to
destroy a bad guy.

Thanks, Adrian, mate!

I'm now the proud owner of a Minmatar Claw interceptor class frigate.
Heavily armed and fast as lightening.

Bad part is, I'm not trained to fly it yet. So I'll be training Kris,
my character, for the remainder of this month to bring her up to speed.
Once she's qualified to be behind the controls, she'll be able to run
away from the best of 'em.

It was a Claw that the player Rohann was flying when he so deftly
handed me my butt cheeks on a silver platter during the first gatecamp
TW did.
16 answers Last reply
More about update
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of "Smeghead"
    <tribesfan@hotmail.com> coming from a tree, and thought, "Man, this is f*ed
    up," but carried on the following conversation anyway:

    > I feel bad accepting things from people in the wake of the hurricane. I
    > have family sending money and it's greatly appreciated. But it goes
    > against the grain of my male sensibilities to accept handouts. But
    > being without employment, and the two jobs I had been courting, one in
    > N.O. proper and the other in Gulfport, MS, literally being washed
    > away... there is a time to swallow pride and gratefully accept the help
    > of others.
    >
    > Generosity has poured in even to the Eve universe! Our own Adrian gave
    > me a nice chunk of ISK to assist in replacing a ship I lost trying to
    > destroy a bad guy.
    >
    > Thanks, Adrian, mate!
    >
    > I'm now the proud owner of a Minmatar Claw interceptor class frigate.
    > Heavily armed and fast as lightening.
    >
    > Bad part is, I'm not trained to fly it yet. So I'll be training Kris,
    > my character, for the remainder of this month to bring her up to speed.
    > Once she's qualified to be behind the controls, she'll be able to run
    > away from the best of 'em.
    >
    > It was a Claw that the player Rohann was flying when he so deftly
    > handed me my butt cheeks on a silver platter during the first gatecamp
    > TW did.

    ive still got 2 level 5 skills to train before i can fly an interceptor :/

    --
    Adept
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote, snipped:
    > Generosity has poured in even to the Eve universe! Our own Adrian gave
    > me a nice chunk of ISK to assist in replacing a ship I lost trying to
    > destroy a bad guy.
    >
    > Thanks, Adrian, mate!

    Well, there ya go- Adrian might be a bit daft at times,
    but he has a gold heart. :)

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    >>I feel bad accepting things from people in the wake of the hurricane. I
    >> have family sending money and it's greatly appreciated. But it goes
    >> against the grain of my male sensibilities to accept handouts. But
    >> being without employment, and the two jobs I had been courting, one in
    >> N.O. proper and the other in Gulfport, MS, literally being washed
    >> away... there is a time to swallow pride and gratefully accept the help
    >> of others.

    >> Generosity has poured in even to the Eve universe! Our own Adrian gave
    >> me a nice chunk of ISK to assist in replacing a ship I lost trying to
    >> destroy a bad guy.

    >> Thanks, Adrian, mate!

    >Yes.
    >
    >I'm filthy rich.

    I call him Adrian Gates... or Gadrian for short.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    > only cos i told you to

    Sir, yes sir, my rich benefactor, sir!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Miracle Smith" <GetLost@yourexpense.com> wrote in message
    > Smeghead wrote, snipped:
    >> Generosity has poured in even to the Eve universe! Our own Adrian gave
    >> me a nice chunk of ISK to assist in replacing a ship I lost trying to
    >> destroy a bad guy.
    >>
    >> Thanks, Adrian, mate!
    >

    > Well, there ya go- Adrian might be a bit daft at times,
    > but he has a gold heart. :)

    > <><><><><><><><>

    I have an iq of 136 thank you very much.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I feel bad accepting things from people in the wake of the hurricane. I
    > have family sending money and it's greatly appreciated. But it goes
    > against the grain of my male sensibilities to accept handouts. But
    > being without employment, and the two jobs I had been courting, one in
    > N.O. proper and the other in Gulfport, MS, literally being washed
    > away... there is a time to swallow pride and gratefully accept the help
    > of others.
    >
    > Generosity has poured in even to the Eve universe! Our own Adrian gave
    > me a nice chunk of ISK to assist in replacing a ship I lost trying to
    > destroy a bad guy.
    >
    > Thanks, Adrian, mate!

    Yes.

    I'm filthy rich.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    >>>I feel bad accepting things from people in the wake of the hurricane. I
    >>> have family sending money and it's greatly appreciated. But it goes
    >>> against the grain of my male sensibilities to accept handouts. But
    >>> being without employment, and the two jobs I had been courting, one in
    >>> N.O. proper and the other in Gulfport, MS, literally being washed
    >>> away... there is a time to swallow pride and gratefully accept the help
    >>> of others.
    >
    >>> Generosity has poured in even to the Eve universe! Our own Adrian gave
    >>> me a nice chunk of ISK to assist in replacing a ship I lost trying to
    >>> destroy a bad guy.
    >
    >>> Thanks, Adrian, mate!
    >
    >>Yes.
    >>
    >>I'm filthy rich.
    >
    > I call him Adrian Gates... or Gadrian for short.

    only cos i told you to
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    > ive still got 2 level 5 skills to train before i can fly an interceptor :/

    Same here. 12 days to go on Evasive Maneuvering 5 and about 15 days for
    Minmatar Frigate 5.

    I'm hoping Interceptors skill trains to lvl 1 in a matter of minutes,
    though.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:10:30 +0000 (UTC), Adrian Ng wrote:

    > I have an iq of 136 thank you very much.

    Let us know when you decide to flex it.

    --
    "You're not afraid of the dark are you?"
    R.L.U. #300033 - MDK10.1 - WindowMaker 0.90.0

    "Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:10:30 +0000 (UTC), Adrian Ng wrote:
    >
    >> I have an iq of 136 thank you very much.
    >
    > Let us know when you decide to flex it.
    >
    > --
    > "You're not afraid of the dark are you?"
    > R.L.U. #300033 - MDK10.1 - WindowMaker 0.90.0

    I've been flexing it all year.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Adrian Ng wrote:

    > I have an iq of 136 thank you very much.

    Damn. You beat me by 6 points.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > I call him Adrian Gates... or Gadrian for short.

    You know, Gadrian sounds like a Stargate character name. :)

  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    > Adrian Ng wrote:
    >>
    >> I have an iq of 136 thank you very much.
    >

    > Damn. You beat me by 6 points.

    > <><><><><><><><>

    Oh really?
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    > You know, Gadrian sounds like a Stargate character name. :)

    Yeah, he'd be the guy that keeps jumping through stargates and landing
    on top of the other male characters, then apologizing as if it were an
    accident caused by jump disorientation.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Adrian Ng wrote:
    > "Miracle Smith" <GetLost@yourexpense.com> wrote in message
    >> Adrian Ng wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I have an iq of 136 thank you very much.
    >>

    >> Damn. You beat me by 6 points.
    >>

    > Oh really?

    According to one of those do-it-yourself tests a lot of years ago.
    I don't put all that much stock into IQ numbers, though. It's just a
    guideline. I have areas of brilliance and areas of complete stupidity.

    Of course, I've never discovered anything I *can't* learn. Just
    lots of stuff I don't *want* to learn. ;)

  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    >> You know, Gadrian sounds like a Stargate character name. :)
    >
    > Yeah, he'd be the guy that keeps jumping through stargates and landing
    > on top of the other male characters, then apologizing as if it were an
    > accident caused by jump disorientation.

    ROFL

    Someone might want his ISK back. LOL

Video Games