Bluescreen when activating SLi

Status
Not open for further replies.

kekswoo

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
Every time i try to activate SLi in the Nvidia control panel i get a bluescreen saying "Windows must shut down to prevent damage". I have searched and looked everywhere but no success. Anyone know what it is, or could be?

Computer specs:
CPU: Core2duo Intel Pentium III Xeon 8400 @ 3ghz
Graphics cards: 2 x Leadtek winfast nVidia GeForce 8800GT
PSU: Corsair HX520W
MB: Asus P5N-D 750i SLi-ready

Thanks.

pcgamer12

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Is it just me or does no one see the Corsair HX520W PSU powering 2 x 8800gt?
I know Nvidia recommends 26a and a 400W PSU for one, 520W may be cutting it to close.

Every time i try to activate SLi in the Nvidia control panel i get a bluescreen saying "Windows must shut down to prevent damage". I have searched and looked everywhere but no success. Anyone know what it is, or could be?

Try different drivers versions(they released a new driver the other day, it may help)

What drivers did you use? ones off a cd? website?

Nvidia has some issues with 64 bit drivers.

Core2duo Intel Pentium III Xeon 8400 @ 3ghz " <---- WTF is that?
Some software calls interesting things. Technically the Core2 is based off the PIII design(on crack)

Your PSU is too damn weak. Get a more powerful one.
2 x 8800GT's only takes about 80(under 7 amps) watts idle and 168 full (14 amps) load, that psu(with its 40amps on the 12 volt rail as long as the 3.3 and 5 load is not too high) should have no issues(this assumes the psu is working to spec).

kekswoo

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
I currently am using drivers from the CD i got with it, I will try downloading new ones from their homepage see if it does any difference.

G

Hi, I'm having the same issue with up to date drivers. Same GPUs, just happened out of no where. I also have an i7 CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.