Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Xp work with sata hard desk

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
October 7, 2010 6:55:15 AM

Hello,
i can not setup xp on laptop with sata hard

More about : work sata hard desk

a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
October 7, 2010 7:02:36 AM

Quote:
Hello,
i can not setup xp on laptop with sata hard


[#0005ff]This is difficult because believe it or not in the 21st Century, XP will expect you to put the SATA drivers on to a floppy disk. Before messing around with all that and buying a USB floppy drive, try once more and this time, as soon as the setup process starts, watch for the prompt to hit Function 6 and then do so.

Later, the install will halt and ask you for the driver floppy. Hit the Enter key and that forces XP to look within itself for more drivers than it usually does and you might be lucky i fyours are in the database.
[/#000ff]
October 7, 2010 8:14:04 AM

Saga Lout said:
[#0005ff]This is difficult because believe it or not in the 21st Century, XP will expect you to put the SATA drivers on to a floppy disk. Before messing around with all that and buying a USB floppy drive, try once more and this time, as soon as the setup process starts, watch for the prompt to hit Function 6 and then do so.

Later, the install will halt and ask you for the driver floppy. Hit the Enter key and that forces XP to look within itself for more drivers than it usually does and you might be lucky i fyours are in the database.
[/#000ff]


Agreed. This is only next to the RAID 0 issue. If everything fails & your dignity forbids you to get a long-extinct floppy drive, try slipstreaming the drivers using nLite.
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
October 7, 2010 9:52:56 AM

nbaztec said:
Agreed. This is only next to the RAID 0 issue. If everything fails & your dignity forbids you to get a long-extinct floppy drive, try streamlining the drivers using nLite.



Nice one, nbaztec - a slipstream of XP with SP 3 and all subsequent updates wil save a lot of time later as well.

!