casey 17

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
Hi, Ive had a problem with my Computer for months now and have just decided i want another stab at fixing it again.
My Rig:
4870x2
2X 250GB HDD's
4GB RAM
P5k WS
Quad core 2.66

Im pretty much a complete noob to all of this so any help will be appreciated.

The problems started when my Screen went black and the PC crashed. After restarting i got lots of error messages about RAID 0. after checking and calling the company i got the PC from i found out that the memory which was being partioned between the two drives (Thats what RAID does right?) was corrupted.

One of the options i got after starting the computer up was to delete RAID i think or completely stop it. this was a while ago so i cant remember exactly. i did that and now im just clueless.
At the moment im trying to reinstall Vista. The problem now is just after entering the Key-code thing a menu pops up asking for drivers to be installed. theres nothing there to be installed but when i looked at the motherboards CD, on the front it says (Vistsa Drivers Inside) even after putting the disk in the drive and browsing the CD nothing pops up. so i've hit a brick wall and need some help

sorry thats not much to go on but ill try to answer any questions as best i can

cheers

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Sometimes Windows is not good at searching an entire CD to find the right place for drivers, and needs some help. Check your mobo manual, or even put your mobo CD in another machine, and see if you can find exactly where these drivers are located. Something like D:\Utilities\Drivers\xxxyy9\... - I'm SURE it's not that, but get it nailed down to the exact subdirectory where the real driver files are found. Then when you run the Windows Install routine and try to load the drivers, use Browse to go directly to that subdirectory on the CD. Then Windows should be able to find the files it needs, when it already knows where to look.

A FEW mobo CD's did not have actual driver files on them. Instead they had a utility that would burn them to another CD-R disk, or a floppy disk, that you had to use for installation in Windows. I'm hoping the language of your CD's label implies that is not necessary here, and the real driver files already are on that CD somewhere ready to use.