urahozer

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Hey so, i j ust got an X48 DS4 and i love it although i was a little upset to find that the onboard LEDS that post CPU load only work on boot up and then they dissapear... mind you i didnt know the board had them until i got it so im not overly upset, but if they did work that would be rather cool

Anyone else have this problem? find a fix or will i have to live without them?

surfbum

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
i've noticed the same issue on my board. i haven't really attempted to try to fix it yet. i guess that shows how much i care about it.

it would be cool if i can get them to work properly, ill get around to checking it out sometime

urahozer

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Now, ive heard that they have to do with the Dynamic Energy Saver? but im not really sure... so im hoping maybe Advanced DES fixes that, so i can Overclock and have the lights? hopefully. Yeah i know what you mean though itd be a nice feature but im not mad about it not working

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008
If I remember correctly, they don't actually show cpu load, but rather how much the cpu is being throttled back by the energy saver. In other words, the bar will be the same for 1% or 100% cpu load, as long as it's throttled to the same degree. Not very useful.

For overclocking, you should turn off all energy saving options to imporve stability. Once turned off, the leds go dark because there's no need for them.

urahozer

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
yeah, for sure, it would be better if it showed load rather then how much is was throttled, it seems ironic saving energy and then turning on LEDS to show it. Mind you LEDS use pretty little power