How can I best find files that have been sent to Temp Dire..

August 17, 2005 11:54:03 AM

I'm not sure what to do when I download a file (or an sdk which has a folder
picker with a with only a textbox and an ok button, pointing to the temp
directory. So often I click OK and the files go off into the abyss of the
tempdirectory, and I never see them again, only a message indicating like 237
files were transfered to blah~/blah$%users$%blah\temp." What I find there is
a bunch of folders (Office template downloads I didn't know were there with
names like TCD51...) then there is the big Temp Folder with 100,000 oddly
named files, with the ones I need scattered amongst them. Should I never
accept the default temp and just type in a path name of my /Child? , because
I never seem to find all the files I'm looking for... If I do inadvertantly
save to a temp folder, is there an easy way to find the most recently
downladed files? I'm just wondering, why send to default temp instead of My
Douments, and if there are multiple files in the target folder why are the
files loaded into the main ppooll and not into a seperate file like Bryan, or
something....
Everything in EXCESS!!! If you want to taste the flavor of LIFE, Take BIG
Bytes. Moderation is for monks…

More about : find files temp dire

August 17, 2005 9:53:11 PM

"Rev" <revinfreddyfloyd@yahoo.com.(OrSomeThingLikeThat)> wrote in message
> I'm not sure what to do when I download a file (or an sdk which has a
> folder
> picker with a with only a textbox and an ok button, pointing to the temp
> directory. So often I click OK and the files go off into the abyss of the
> tempdirectory, and I never see them again, only a message indicating like
> 237
> files were transfered to blah~/blah$%users$%blah\temp." What I find there
> is
> a bunch of folders (Office template downloads I didn't know were there
> with
> names like TCD51...) then there is the big Temp Folder with 100,000 oddly
> named files, with the ones I need scattered amongst them. Should I never
> accept the default temp and just type in a path name of my /Child? ,
> because
> I never seem to find all the files I'm looking for... If I do
> inadvertantly
> save to a temp folder, is there an easy way to find the most recently
> downladed files? I'm just wondering, why send to default temp instead of
> My
> Douments, and if there are multiple files in the target folder why are
> the
> files loaded into the main ppooll and not into a seperate file like Bryan,
> or
> something....
> Everything in EXCESS!!! If you want to taste the flavor of LIFE, Take BIG
> Bytes. Moderation is for monks.

Why not just create a folder called something really cleaver like Downloads
and then point everything you download to that folder. Typically on any
download you have the ability to browse to where ever you want it to go.
!