new sli system, need opinions before buying

im going to buy a new, hopefully somewhat futureproof computer, and i was hoping you guys could tell me if i chose the best components for it.

case: Antec P182
psu: Corsair TX650 650
mobo: XFX N680-ILT9
processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0
processor cooler: Noctua NH-U12P (hopefully this will allow for a bit of overclocking)
videocard: Club3D GeForce 8800GTS 512mb (times 2, for sli)
ram: OCZ Memory Platinum 8192 MB pc6400
disks:
Samsung HDD SpinPoint T166 160 GB, 7200 Rpm, 8 MB, S-ATA II/300 (times 2)
Samsung SpinPoint F1 750 GB, 7200 Rpm, 32 MB, S-ATA II/300
dvdr drive: NEC AD-7191 S-ATA, Bulk, Zwart

screen: Samsung TFT SyncMaster 245B 24 Inch, 5 Ms, Geen Speakers, Zwart

keyboard: Logitech Keyboard G11
mouse: Logitech Mouse MX518

all comments are appreciated, both good and bad ;)

oh and btw, i will be using this for gaming, generating tables (thats were the quadcore comes in) , and general multitasking.
5 answers Last reply
More about system opinions buying
  1. 680i does support Kentfield, but not Yorkfield (45nm quads). If that's in your plan, look at either 750i or 780i with X16 SLI & DDR2 support.

Is it going to be overclocked?
  2. If you want to save money and get great performance on the cooler, get the Xigmatek.

Top 5 heatsinks:

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm
  3. thx for the replies, and yea akhilles, i will be overclocking, not till the extreme though :p

im not going to use a q9300-q9550 so i wont need yorkfield support

as for the cooler, i was considering the xigmatek, but unfortunately, it isnt in stock at my shop :\
  4. Noctua is a top cooler. 680i is fine with Wolfdales. It might need a bios update though. A computer store will do it for a small fee. However, you're getting Kentfield which has been out for almost 2 years. You won't have any problems.

Have fun with the build.
  5. Whilst I love XFX's graphic cards, in any review I've ever read their motherboards don't seem to be the fastest in the playground.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems