Video Card Got Blue Screen Of Death, System Won't Boot Up

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Yes I do have directX 9c..right now there are no display adapters on my motherboard and no more drivers too but i still get the blue screen and the usual restarts at times. Here's the error message

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen apeears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer then press F8 to select Advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

**STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000000,0x00000001C,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Dumping Physical memory to disk: 10 <--- keeps increasing

I had no video card when this happened. It just happened when i was normally surfing the net.

edit: i suddenly got another error seconds after i posted the reply above

Run a system diagnostic utility supplied by your hardware manufacturer. In particular, run a memory check, and check for faulty or mismatched memory. Try changing video adapters.

If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer then press F8 to select Advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

***STOP: 0x0000007F(0x0000000D, 0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Dumping Physical memory to disk: 10

Can someone tell me what is going on, because this video crd is only 1 week old.
ATI 3850 HD 512MB GDDR3 256Bit AGP ICEQ Turbo vide card

also when i try to boot up in safe mode it doesn't load up the system 32/driver 440agp and it restarts the computer

Try reinstalling the video card driver from the CD. First go to Contol Panel/Remove Programs and uninstall any ATI video drivers there. If the system still gives a stop error, remove the video card and try a different one. You should also go into BIOS and set up your RAM's voltage, timings and speed to RAM manufacturer specs and run memtest. Until you check your system RAM and set it up properly in BIOS, use one DIMM in slot 1. You can also install your 3850 in another working computer and verify the card is functioning properly and not a bad card.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137539

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, use the appropriate method: • If either software or hardware can cause a particular trap, a debug is required to determine which is the cause. If you suspect a hardware problem, try the following hardware troubleshooting steps: 1. Test the RAM in the computer by running the diagnostic software that is provided by the computer manufacturer. Replace any RAM that is reported as bad. Also, make sure that all the RAM in the computer is the same speed.
2. Try removing or swapping out controllers, cards, or other peripherals.
3. Try a different motherboard on the computer.

• If you are over clocking the speed of your processor, set it back to the speed at which it is designed to run.
• Check with the hardware vendor for any updated hardware drivers or BIOS updates, or both.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
How can I re-install the driver for the video card when the computer doesn't even load up at all. I can see the Bios settings and try to do it from F8 but nothing. The system on safe mode doesn't load up driver for the agp
windows/system/32/driver/agp440.sys
Memory seem to be fine because I have LED on the memory and they are lightinh up. The motherboard is only about a month old that I got off ebay New... and video card is only a week old. Just got the new PSU today 650watts and four +12rails at 18A each, so 18A, 18A, 18A, 18A and the model of th PSU is

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817815001

CPU is fine because I have a new heatsink and with some artic silver 5 compound.

How can I fix this problem.

List your system specs next post. Break it down to 1 DIMM RAM, CPU and video card. Remove power connector or unplug all optical drives, hard drives, fans, everything else. If you get to BIOS, go there and at least increase the RAM voltage to stabalize the RAM if that is what is causing the system shutdown. PC6400 is 2.0-2.1v. If everything is stable at BIOS and you adjust the RAM, shut down and plug in the hard drive. Then the opticalrive, etc. You think it's you MB right? If you get to BIOS, your MB is likely fine.

It could be software related, like a corrupted OS or a missing boot file. If you were overclocking your system and started getting blue screens, windows could very well be corrupted. You may have a corrupted video driver. You can boot to the windows CD and try a repair install if the OS has been corrupted.

In any event, if you have a hardware problem, you will need spare parts to troubleshoot the system. A different video card, different RAM, PSU, even a new hard drive.

If your problem is software, you need to repair the OS or reinstall the OS if you can not access the OS. Boot to the windows and do a repair install if you can not solve the driver corruption that is otherwise occuring.

http://www.tomswiki.com/page/Troubleshooting+a+New+Build?t=anon

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Intel P4. 3.2HT 800MHz
Intel D875PBZ Mobo HT
Corsiar XMS 1x2=2GB pc 3200
Corsiar 512x2=1GB pc 3200
Video card HIS ATI 3650 ICEQ turbo 512MB GDDR3 256Bit
360GB Harddrive
PSU 650 Watt
OS XP Pro/Linux

The only thing I overclocked was the video card.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Not sure if I do know how to fix this but right now I am in a black screen where their are asking me a number then a code. Not sure how to do this.

I do not want to re-installed my windows and delete everthing because I have some work I haven't back up from last week when my Psu die. I need that data work.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
I have figure out what has been going on to my computer and I was right all this time and didn't say anything about it.

Not I had thought about the driver and software and once I was having video card issues causing my pc not to load up correctly
I did something with my my system and did a check where I can add account to my windows but installing windows again with out
losing all my files. Once I have done that and this time I have added a name to this account and it load up.

Once I was in the system I took all the save program files that I have in located them to another harddrive for safe reason.
but the screen was still not correct at the time. so after I was done with the system file to harddrive. I try it again with my first loggin name for my system OS and it done it again, keeps on restarting the computer and getting lock in 440agp.sys

Now I am going to get the the point now, The driver and software that was from HIS site or CD can lock up your mobo and HD and Video Card. Their driver is 8.4 and 8.5 and it's not the one you guy want. Now I had to reformatted my HD and re-installed everything back on the computer, Yes it was a pain but I had good reason to. I wanted to reset even the mobo to factor settings.

Once I was done with re-installing windows and linux xp 2008
I hold a driver on the ATI site that has a up-to-date version of the driver that you are look for. 8.6 driver is on the ATI site

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=31542

This page with give you a link to the ATI 8.6 Driver for AGP Cards for ATI

Down the page you will see solutions, there is a 8.6 hotfix link and you click that and you will be able to install the right driver for it.

Do not DL the 8.5 from HIS and any other site.