How many platters - Maxtor 6b250s0

asymptote

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
I just watched some amazing data recovery information from Scott Moulton of Forensic Strategy Services. I've got a hard drive that I'd like to try to recover, but I'm not sure how many platters it has and I tried looking at the Maxtor website but Seagate (who now has all Maxtor tech support docs) doesn't have info (that I could find) for this drive. Does anyone know how many platters are in this drive and if you know where I could get any technical documentation on it's structure? Thanks!

asymptote

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
I already made it clear that I've conducted a lot of googling and I checked the support documentation. Maxtor was accquired by seagate, as I've already stated, and I already searched for the model number at their website and it returned no results. Calling someone or writing letters or whatever leo had in mind will still produce the same result. It's not like they have access to some super secret information - "oh we don't have that documentation online if I make a phone call to someone who knows someone we may be able to get that information for you." They don't have the document. I don't see what is so unclear about this. Leo said "contact the manufacturer" - yeah like I'd be posting on Tom's Hardware if I hadn't already tried contact the manufacturer.

I think his reply was placed without reading what I had typed. He saw the topic title, and then quick threw down a response without considering the steps I've already taken. That's not fair to me and it's disrespectful.