Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Moving my desk, computer and printer onto a screened in porch'

Last response: in Windows XP
October 8, 2010 2:20:22 PM

Can I work year round with my PC moved to a screened in porch?

Best solution

October 8, 2010 6:17:02 PM

Not the best idea for it and it will probably fail years earier than normal, but it will work as long as no rain/snow hits it. It's like leaving a bike outside, it will be solid for a while, but then you'll see rust, humidity and temperature changes will move components around. I'd get a laptop and bring it out when you want to use it, unless you don't plan on the PC being reliable past a year or so.
October 8, 2010 6:30:41 PM

^ +1
Moisture is bad. You can short out hardware, and promote corrosion. Depending on where you live, if it gets real hot, heat is also hard on hardware.
Related resources
October 15, 2010 7:19:06 AM

Best answer selected by joseyphine.
October 15, 2010 7:29:56 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Not the best idea for it and it will probably fail years earier than normal, but it will work as long as no rain/snow hits it. It's like leaving a bike outside, it will be solid for a while, but then you'll see rust, humidity and temperature changes will move components around. I'd get a laptop and bring it out when you want to use it, unless you don't plan on the PC being reliable past a year or so.

Thank You! I will have to wait, I donot think I can use a wireless lap top with my service yet. I donot have high speed internet service.
!