Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Moving my desk, computer and printer onto a screened in porch'

Last response: in Windows XP
October 8, 2010 2:20:22 PM

Can I work year round with my PC moved to a screened in porch?

Best solution

October 8, 2010 6:17:02 PM

Not the best idea for it and it will probably fail years earier than normal, but it will work as long as no rain/snow hits it. It's like leaving a bike outside, it will be solid for a while, but then you'll see rust, humidity and temperature changes will move components around. I'd get a laptop and bring it out when you want to use it, unless you don't plan on the PC being reliable past a year or so.
October 8, 2010 6:30:41 PM

^ +1
Moisture is bad. You can short out hardware, and promote corrosion. Depending on where you live, if it gets real hot, heat is also hard on hardware.
m
l
Related resources
October 15, 2010 7:19:06 AM

Best answer selected by joseyphine.
m
l
October 15, 2010 7:29:56 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Not the best idea for it and it will probably fail years earier than normal, but it will work as long as no rain/snow hits it. It's like leaving a bike outside, it will be solid for a while, but then you'll see rust, humidity and temperature changes will move components around. I'd get a laptop and bring it out when you want to use it, unless you don't plan on the PC being reliable past a year or so.

Thank You! I will have to wait, I donot think I can use a wireless lap top with my service yet. I donot have high speed internet service.
m
l
!