Trackball Love and Query

customisbetter

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
I recently got a Logitech Cordless optical trackman and i love it!!!
Ok, I was wondering how many people around here use trackballs.
Also, I read around and hear that people are getting 150 - 1000 hz with their Mice. Uh, Mine averages 50 hz solid but i don't notice any lag and its plenty smooth in windows and in games. Am i missing out or something?
This might be stupid but i was just wondering.
thanks!

I tried a trackball once - couldn't get used to it. Mice FTW.

Oh, and that is rather low from what I know. My mouse has selectable report rates, but the slowest I can choose is 125Hz.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
i have a plethora of mice, but my all time fav is the logitech wireless track man, I pwned q3 rail wars with that mouse. It's still in commission, 8 years later, after beer spillage, soda spillage, eating spillage, dropping, smashing it on my desk, stuff getting dropped on it. I repaired the left clicker one time cuz the metal actuator needed rebent a bit a year ago, and it's still kicking. It would be awesome though if it did have a higher report rate, something like 2k-4k dpi would make it my perfect gaming mouse. I currently use it for some games and mainly on my htpc (no surface needed). Also the shape of it is the most comfortable i have found, it has a place for my pinkie to rest.

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
I used the wired version for a while, I was pretty big advocate on trackballs and gaming, but I had the urge to try something else... Got myself a Razer mice and I'm sorry, but I can't go back to playing with a trackball :p

customisbetter

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
The no surface thing is pretty handy. On my desk i have a cutout in the pile of tools, pop bottles and junk where i place my trackman. Its so nice to not have to move my whole arm!!!

You don't move your whole arm with a nice mouse either - one quick flick of the wrist, and your mouse is all the way across the screen. Of course, I tend to run my sensitivity a bit on the high side.