GA-MA78GM-S2H SATA problems and HDMI/DVI question

hondaguyjoe

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Well I just built up my GA-MA78GM-S2H IT seems pretty great.

I have 2 problems tho
1. Vista dosent see my sata drive. I can see it in the bios but not in vista. Its just a 2nd drive at the moment I was going to ghost the drive from my ide but no luck in seeing it.

2. I have dual monitors one has dvi input and the other hdmi. Can you not use both the hdmi and dvi at the same time for 2 outputs? I can use the vga and the dvi or the vga and the hdmi but it dosent seem to work with hdmi and dvi.

Thanks in advanced!

New hard drives won't show up in Windows until you set them up.

Click your 'Start' button, then right-click on 'Computer', select 'Manage', then select 'Disk Management' .

Windows should see your hard drive here. You can activate, partition, and format the drive on this screen. If your drive isn't seen by Windows on this screen, then something is wrong.

And no, you can't use two digital outs at the same time on this board, only analog and digital. If you really want two digital outs, I'm afraid you will need to buy a video card.

hondaguyjoe

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Cheers thanks for the quick help. I will try the drive thing tonight. Sounds like thats all I need to do then if its seen in the bios. So is this only sata drives? It seems like ide drives are pretty much plug and play. This is my first sata drive lol.

Looks like Im going to look for a cheap dvi card then thanks.

dedhed52

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
Better check that Windows is seeing the whole drive. I have a problem now where Win XP Pro SP3 only sees 149.05 GB of a 320 GB Seagate SATA HDD.

dedhed52

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
Can't you use a splitter on the DVI input? They're usually labeled Device 1 and Device 2. Would probably be a cheaper solution than a new graphics card.

ZootyGray

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
A 3400 series vidcard - 3450 or 3470 - would enable hybrid crossfirex.
Plus, 3400 series models have DVI, maybe HDMI (rare). Check brand specs.

780G chipset boards were reviewed on THG using 4 monitors with this setup. They raved about it.

3400 cards cost like $40.

Video fps boost approx 10%+ in gaming. lots of reviews on this.