phaxy

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Hello, I just built a system few days ago and I had this itch to overclocked it. I have a gigabyte ud3p board with corsair 1066 4gb rams and a EO stepping e8500. I got it clocked @ 4.3 ghz with 1.360 volts. I ran small fft on prime 95 and leave it for 11 hrs. When I came back the core 0 had an error after 1 hr and 30 mins while the core 1 kept on goin for 11 hrs w/o errors. I have no idea what's happening here and also the core 0 runs 1~2 degree hotter on load than core 1 and it runs 1~2 cooler on idle. My highest load temps is 65c and idle is 32 with a TRUE cooler(not lapped). I wish I could put my bios setting here so I could provide more info but sadly I don't know how. Let me know if I miss something here. I appreciate your help. Thanks

How does it run at 4.2 GHz? If it runs OK at 4.2, you have reached your limit with the voltages you have applied.

A lot of Corsair RAM needs more than the default 1.8 volts to run at OC speeds. check Corsair website.

You can try to boost vcore, but that will drive your temperatures higher. You can also try to increase your FSB and MCH voltages a step or two if you haven't already.

phaxy

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
It runs fine on 4.2 Ghz. I up the dram voltages to 2.00 and MCH still on auto. I can't post whenever I put the voltage on MCH manually.

You could try upping your core voltage just a tiny bit. I've found that when you get errors like that but it doesn't crash, it just has slightly too little voltage in many cases.