50bmg

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
problem: COD4 crashes after 15-30 minutes of play. This started after patch 1.7.

Many game forums, including infinity ward, have suggested it is a known conflict between COD4 1.7 and Realtek drivers for onboard sound.

- I updated the drivers. Did not work.

- I disabled my onboard sound in my bios and installed a new sound card. Did not work.

To the point of this thread. It has been suggested that my RAM may be getting hot or bad.

1. How can i see RAM temps? Everest, maybe?

2. I googled memtest. There are a dozen different memtests. Which do i use?

3. The couple of memtests i did try have .iso or .exe (for USB stick). That is fine, but none of the sites have instructions. I don't have a floppy. How do i mount the .iso to run it?

4. Are there any sites that can step me thru this? I did google it. There are many sites, which is trustworthy?

Thanks

Edit: oh yeah. I have not been getting any BSODs. No memory related error messages. Just the game crash.

I also did a fresh install of XP and the game. Still crashing.

dallasjoh

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
You will need an iso burning software like Nero. Download the .iso image and burn the .iso image to a disk and set bios to boot from the cd. Reboot and memtest86 will run automatically. A good test is to run it overnight. If you are having memory problems they can show up in the first ten minutes.

50bmg

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Ok. I put an image of memtest86+ on a cd, using Imgbrn. I ran it overnight for 10 hours.

My ram passed.

Should this result rule out my RAM as the problem? I would think so.

thanks for the help