680i BIOS ISSUE

Vertico

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
Recently, every few times I boot my computer a BIOS memory test is initiated. After the test, I am told that no PS/2 mouse is detected (I don't use a PS/2 mouse). After that message, I am finally told that no system disk has been detected.

To temporarily solve this I set my BIOS to default.

I have replaced the CMOS battery and reset the CMOS jumpers but it has not helped.

Any suggestions?

Hmm. Weird. One of the problems I've had with my 680i LT SLI model, is that anytime I reset to default it tries to pull my IDE hard drive over my SATA harddrive. My OS is on my SATA drive. So I have to manually set the priority order for my hard disks as it goes IDE first by default.

There may be a setting for detecting PS/2 devices perhaps. I'm not at home so I can't check my own BIOS either. :(

Vertico

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
I noticed that when I am attacked by the sudden memory test and PS/2 error, 'removable' is listed down the boot priority list. So instead of my usual {Hard drive- CDrom - removable}, it now says {removable - removable - removable}.

I am perplexed..

Mondoman

Splendid
Perhaps there's a newer BIOS available for your board -- it would help if you would post the model numbers of all your components (i.e. MB, CPU, PS, RAM, drives, etc).

Vertico

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
Sorry about the lack of hardware information:

Mobo: EVGA 680i (model number EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775)
CPU: Intel Q6600
PS: OCZ Gamer Xtreme 700 Watt
RAM: 2 gigs Corsair Dominator
Hard Drive: 320gb Seagate Barracuda

I have flashed my BIOS to the latest version and the problem still persists.

Vertico

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
Any other suggestions? I have tested my RAM and hard drive, in which both were shown to have no errors.

Anyone think my board is going bad?