New BUILD LAST STEP!

ukoduko

Distinguished
May 11, 2008

longer shot

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Yes, the PSU has a 4pin that you attach to the 20pin connector (most likely already attached) so it will work with your MOBO. I would recommend you go with a better name brand PSU maker. Corsair seems to be pretty good these days...

That PSU has a 20+4 power connector so its good to go with that motherboard.
17-341-012-09.jpg

The OCZ PSU is reasonably good quality and the price is very good. The only knock I'd really give it is that it only has 2 SATA power connectors.
Like in 1 for your HDD and 1 for your DVD. Now its possible to get an Molex to SATA adapter for a few bucks if you add another HDD but you really shouldnt need to do that for a 500W PSU. Compare that PSU to the Antec EarthWatts 430W PSU with 4 SATA connectors. Both will easily power your new system and still have enough left over for a future video card upgrade.
The rest of your parts should have no compatibility problems.

ukoduko

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
well would 2 sata connectors be good i only have 1 dvd drive and 1 hdd and im not planning to put another hard drive or dvd drive

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006

WIth you. Biostar is terrible. I once ordered 25 Biostar boards for an university classroom setup. 23 of them shipped with faulty onboard sound.

tkuhl87

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Yep, Gigabyte is a far better brand for Mobo's these days. Also agree with longershot. I'd go with a better brand...I'm fairly loyal to Antec, but maybe that's because I've never heard of anyone dying the few years I spent working retail selling computer components. Imo, the Power Supply is the most important component in your system, don't go cheap. You can skimp on ram, graphics card maker, case. The PSU, mobo and CPU are the important areas of spending