The best dvd reader and writer?

Solution
Loved my Plextors (716 sata and 755 sata) both still work, But as JackN said Plextor got out of the OEM DVD ODD and just slaps their label on a rebadged drive.

Currently using Plextor 755, a LG H20-L blu-ray which replaced a nice Samsung. I tend to shy away from Lite-on. Altho I did buy a internal Lite-on DVD writer to replace the defunk lite-on drive in a stand-a-lone lite-on 5005 DVD Recorder. Had to mod the case sligthly, but works fine.
I used to swear by Plextor and was rewarded several times by the choice with their 2-3 year warranty. But now they farm out production and it takes load of web searching to find out who actually makes what models, so I'm abit suspicious w/ ecah new purchase. last two purchases have been Asus models.

I used to really like Plextor. But they are more expensive than the other choices. My first and second choice are Samsung and LG.

I do not particularly like LiteON. That's based on an admittedly small sample - one - that died within 8 months.

Loved my Plextors (716 sata and 755 sata) both still work, But as JackN said Plextor got out of the OEM DVD ODD and just slaps their label on a rebadged drive.

Currently using Plextor 755, a LG H20-L blu-ray which replaced a nice Samsung. I tend to shy away from Lite-on. Altho I did buy a internal Lite-on DVD writer to replace the defunk lite-on drive in a stand-a-lone lite-on 5005 DVD Recorder. Had to mod the case sligthly, but works fine.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS