Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Rig - Advice

Last response: in Systems
June 6, 2008 6:55:11 PM

Alright, so I'm looking to build a new system early July which would be primarily for gaming. My budget is 1500 USD although i can a bit higher.

Here is what i have so far:

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/ShoppingCart.aspx?Sub...

I am planning on waiting until the 4870 comes out to get a video card, and unless they are terrible, i won't be going nvidia because of their pricepoint (unless a miracle happens). As such, i have not included the video card.

For the motherboard, i am not sure what i want to be getting. I know i do not want nvidia becuase i will never be using SLI. I will potentially end up crossfiring later though. So i am probably looking at a X38/X48 motherboard or possibly a P45 if that is any good at overclock (which i plan to do on my computer).

Also, should i get the velociraptor? I mean, its good, but its ridiculousy priced. Should i get a seagate 7200.11 and save the money for the mobo/video card?

Thanks in advance.

More about : gaming rig advice

June 6, 2008 6:56:31 PM

List doesnt work...paste it directly here

Then I can help!! :D 
June 6, 2008 7:07:06 PM
June 6, 2008 7:14:22 PM

Looks great.....

Generally u dont need to bother with drives like that unless u care about a 2 sec. faster load....
Other choice is the .11s or the WD 640AAKS
I would rather put the money to mobo, cpu, or the GPU

P45 has been looking great, but atm nothing is definite.
X38/X48 are good. The Asus Maximus Formula are Rampage tend to be the best and most popular
!