Sign in with
Your question

HP Laptop Video Flicker, backlight already replaced

Last response: in Windows Vista
January 15, 2013 11:31:41 AM

Hi Gang,
My HP G60-243CL Laptop video is flickering badly. To give you needed info, I've had the backlight replaced in the last month so it's not likely that. I just updated the NVidia software (8200G), no change. The screen has been "pinkish" in color recently and it's not running hot. I've had it for years and I basically never shut it off (probably not a good idea). Can anyone tell me if there's a possible fix and if it's the backlight, how it could fail so quickly after replacing it a month ago? Is it time to pony-up and buy a new lappie before this one crashes? Thank you
January 15, 2013 9:48:50 PM

wyattspoppa said:
Hi Gang,
My HP G60-243CL Laptop video is flickering badly. To give you needed info, I've had the backlight replaced in the last month so it's not likely that. I just updated the NVidia software (8200G), no change. The screen has been "pinkish" in color recently and it's not running hot. I've had it for years and I basically never shut it off (probably not a good idea). Can anyone tell me if there's a possible fix and if it's the backlight, how it could fail so quickly after replacing it a month ago? Is it time to pony-up and buy a new lappie before this one crashes? Thank you

Ignore or remove please, it was my backlamp that failed again..under 3 months
m
l
January 15, 2013 10:16:42 PM

Are you sure it's the lamp, and not the inverter? It could be an inverter problem that's taking out the lamp.
m
l
January 23, 2013 7:40:32 AM

ex_bubblehead said:
Are you sure it's the lamp, and not the inverter? It could be an inverter problem that's taking out the lamp.

Thanks for your reply, and no, I'm not sure it's the lamp. I'm no computer whiz but I'm very good with electronics and there's almost no way I burned through a second lamp inside 3 mos. when the first lasted 4 years. I'll look into the inverter right away, thanks much.
m
l
Related resources
!