Want to Change my Video card cooling?

Im currently using this card


(XFX GeForce 9800 GT Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, (2) Dual Link DVI, HDTV, VGA Support)

And i have been noticed not only does the fan run quite loud but it also seems that it is scrapping the over of it on one side....i do notice the fan is higher on one side then the other and have tried fixing this but still trying to find a screw driver to open the smallest screws ive ever seen. anyways i was thinking of replacing the stock cooler with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835110103

Was wondering if anyone knows if this would work...the reviews said this cooler is great and very inexpensive.

Thanks for the feedback in advance i really appreciate it!
4 answers Last reply
More about want change video card cooling
  1. It might work just fine, but pay attention to whats cooled under the HS. You completly remove the HS, you might need a few of these to cool a mosfet or ram chip.

  2. under the HS is the GPU (which i believe looks exactly like a CPU chip) ...when i was looking at the fan problem...i looked underneath the heatsink and it looks like a CPU chip from what i could see (but its a GPU on a graphics card)
  3. ????

    A chip is a chip. It's on the GPU so it's a GPU processor. And it's got diff mounting holes and size than a CPU.
  4. What Conumdrum is asking is if you have other components being cooled by the HS other than the GPU...like RAM, MOSFETs, etc.

    And BTW, that cooling fan isn't going to cool your 9800GT...at all. It was designed for like a GeForce 3/4 series and Radeon 8000/9000 series about 7-8 years ago. Your GPU will roast with that thing on it. Compare it to trying to cool a dump truck engine with hand-held misting fan. Besides, I highly doubt the mounting holes come close to lining up.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Graphics Cards Overclocking Product