Has anyone tried "Express Gate"?

ExistNY

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I have the asus rampage formula, and now that I think about it, I haven't seen it referenced anywhere in my materials. Hmmmm...

Sounds useless anyway, I just put my comp to sleep at night and wake it up within 2 seconds.

FHDelux

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
The first generation of it kind of stunk because you couldn't download things to external storage, like a memory stick for example. The new version though, P5Q Deluxe is great, if all you need to do is turn it on quick and check your email, or get on instant messenger its perfect.

Dont make the mistake in thinking its a flexible OS that you can build into a PC without a hard drive though, it doesn't power on in 5 seconds, and its locked down big time.

galvitron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
I have it on my P5Q3 deluxe and it is cool to have. You can boot very fast into it and browse a website. Good for downloading a driver or BIOS from Asus' support site.

I usually just have it turned off so my system boots faster.

And yes, it is a small Linux kernal on a flash chip. A splash screen is displayed that has a timer. Hit whatever button to get into it before the timer, etc. If you don't boot into it, your system boots as normal.

Can't play CS though :sol: